What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Does someone have spare JST VLP-02V-1 connectors? These seem to be sold out everywhere and JST has a lead time of like a year, lol. I think I have the pins for when I was making some JVS power harnesses.

invzim

Champion
Reaction score
Does someone have spare JST VLP-02V-1 connectors? These seem to be sold out everywhere and JST has a lead time of like a year, lol. I think I have the pins for when I was making some JVS power harnesses.
It's a typo on the PCB markings, I added this on the FAQ page https://irkenlabs.com/jamma-expander/faq
The DC connector on the Expander is VH

Zepherino

Student
Reaction score
I also ordered some other cables to see how fitment is since I want to put the setup in a case

got these to try out

1632079995210.png
I'll be interested to see if this particular cable works. I had a right angled USB adapter on hand (pretty much the same as what you showed before) that I tried, and it wasn't quite what I wanted. I think the down facing right angle should work, but the size of the head + strain relief makes me wonder if it's too tall to fit before bumping into the PCB.

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see if this particular cable works. I had a right angled USB adapter on hand (pretty much the same as what you showed before) that I tried, and it wasn't quite what I wanted. I think the down facing right angle should work, but the size of the head + strain relief makes me wonder if it's too tall to fit before bumping into the PCB.
Agree, will test it out, I havent been able to find one with a thinner/smaller profile. If I like it better than the right angle and it doesn't quite fit I will just put slightly taller standoffs maybe :)

invzim

Champion
Reaction score
I considered doing 'adapter' PCB's found on other MiSTer boards instead of cables, but with favored serviceability and logistics over aesthetics. I also have zero clue as to how much noise is radiated by the DE10, so I wanted to keep the area under it clear.

In other news, the FedEx guy will not be pleased tomorrow - all orders packed and ready for shipment. Thanks to all who placed an order this week-end!

IMG_1396.jpeg

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
I considered doing 'adapter' PCB's found on other MiSTer boards instead of cables, but with favored serviceability and logistics over aesthetics. I also have zero clue as to how much noise is radiated by the DE10, so I wanted to keep the area under it clear.

Makes sense and simple is often times best. I hate the little microusb interconnect boards, I have broken a few of those separating the nano from the USB hub. Wish all devices came with USB-C connections though, they seem to be more robust over MicroUSB.

In other news, the FedEx guy will not be pleased tomorrow - all orders packed and ready for shipment. Thanks to all who placed an order this week-end!
hahahaha....he probably wont.

Im glad to see you are getting some nice orders in. Well deserved! The JE may not have the "bells & whistles" of other similar devices, but I know and trust your designs to work as you intended. Its simple to use/set up and I know the circuit design will be solid, and well thought out.

HornheaDD

Student
Reaction score
I cant wait to get this thing! What kind of shipping time are we looking at? Already ordered mine, but I live in the US, so I'm just curious.

invzim

Champion
Reaction score
I cant wait to get this thing! What kind of shipping time are we looking at? Already ordered mine, but I live in the US, so I'm just curious.
Unless you live in a part of sweden that's 3 hours drive away from me you should have it this week.

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
to the US its like 3-4 days tops, its legit only takes that long because of customs clearance or if it hits on a friday and you have to wait until Monday, etc...

Track the package and you see how fast it moves.

hardyhell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh shit. I should have placed the order tonight. Now it’s out of stock. When will you restock @invzim

invzim

Champion
Reaction score
Oh shit. I should have placed the order tonight. Now it’s out of stock. When will you restock @invzim
As fast as I can, with a bit of luck before Christmas. IC, parts-shortage in general and Chinese National day holiday slows stuff down.

invzim

Champion
Reaction score
For future stock, I'll either try my best to keep it in stock like the other stuff I sell, or stop selling it completely if the world decides a 40USD china board is the way to go.

I'm not a big fan of pre-orders, lists etc and try to avoid it if I can.

MoppelTheWhale

Grand Master
Reaction score
first i was hesitant, but thankfully placed my order on friday. Fedex say it'arrive on wedensday, also ordered a secon de10 board and ram module today. I've got som sd cards lying around, so i should be good to go :thumbup:

MoppelTheWhale

Grand Master
Reaction score
For future stock, I'll either try my best to keep it in stock like the other stuff I sell, or stop selling it completely if the world decides a 40USD china board is the way to go.

I'm not a big fan of pre-orders, lists etc and try to avoid it if I can.

I'm pretty sure there will still be people who want the good stuff. the enthusiasts normally profer quality, Many turn only to knockoffs because demand isn't met (gdemu, anyone?)

And the people know what quality they can expect from you :thumbup:

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Got some of the new cables in, the hdmi cable is a little too long but works. Im very happy with the right angle USB otg cable. Still have a few more cables on the way to test.

JE3.jpg
JE4.jpg

The cables @invzim included though feel more substantial and of better quality though. Once I get all the cables and the 2nd Jamma Expander I got I will do some testing to see if I notice any difference.

KinG_SoPa

Grand Master
Reaction score
Got some of the new cables in, the hdmi cable is a little too long but works. Im very happy with the right angle USB otg cable. Still have a few more cables on the way to test.

JE3.jpg
JE4.jpg

The cables @invzim included though feel more substantial and of better quality though. Once I get all the cables and the 2nd Jamma Expander I got I will do some testing to see if I notice any difference.

Cleannnnnnn!! I love it 👍🏽