What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
Hi there,

I finaly cleaned my electronics with a 100% Simple Green (nondiluated). That Simple Green is just amazing. Everything's like new!
But I'm still a bit worried : I was at the dishwasher and let the water flow on the chassis during about 10 min. I completly forgot there is some components (I don't know how to call them) that seem to dislike water (pls see pics). I don't know what is inside these components but it looks like there is something smooth under the rubber (is it a rubber like?). Anyway, once the job done, I placed the electronics onto the radiator for one night. Id like to know :
1. are these components on the pictures resistants to water or should I remove them?
2. will these components be functional even if the water has flowed on them during sometimes?
3. is the radiator enough to dry these electronics correctly or should I use a blower then put the whole stuff in the baker?

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSCN9793.JPG
    DSCN9793.JPG
    763.6 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN9794.JPG
    DSCN9794.JPG
    842.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN9795.JPG
    DSCN9795.JPG
    694.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN9798.JPG
    DSCN9798.JPG
    780.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN9797.JPG
    DSCN9797.JPG
    631 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Yes that's fine, just made sure they are completely dry before applying power

I'll not use these electronics until 1 month I guess. Enough to be 100% dry (naïve question but who knows with these small stuffs all inside)?
So, if I got it well, the 170F baker stuff is only pertinent if we want to apply power quicker right (for example the same day or a few days later)?

Those are Transformers. They are an iron core with very thin copper wire wound around a plastic piece then there is a protective layer around the wire on the outside. You do not need to wait a month unless you are in the middle of a project and don't need it anyway. If you heat dry them you can use them the same day. If you let them air dry then after a couple of days should be good.

Back