What's new

Raph_friend

Grand Master
Reaction score
This is JAMMA HIMITSU, a #MiSTerFPGA Open Source solution.
As some features we have:
- OC inputs at 1000Hz (around 0.60ms of input lag)
- An additional header for P1/P2 based on the Brook harness
- 100% DIY
- Unaffected by stock shortages
- GPIO FREE!
- Supported by the community
DE10_Nano_v3_2022-Apr-12_05-56-06PM-000_CustomizedView16431613209.png

DE10_Nano_v3_2022-Apr-12_06-41-34PM-000_CustomizedView30521120305.png

Consider sponsoring #JammaHimitsu project.
Pre-orders will allow you to make personal suggestions regarding the final PCB and guarantee yours!
Join us on Discord by sending me a DM!
https://discord.gg/beb3dawrGR

DE10_Nano_v3_2022-Apr-12_06-08-40PM-000_CustomizedView17987435864.png

DE10_Nano_v3_2022-Apr-11_11-43-17AM-000_CustomizedView17997802002_png.png

Actually, this is the JAMMA HIMITSU • KAMI Ver, which is aimed for supporters and will include the following extras:
- Integrated audio/video DAC
- Additional audio/video output
- USB HUB

I'll keep the topic up to date as time goes on. The major discussion will be place on Discord.

Thanks guys.

I have a JAMMIX and it's pretty nice, but I do have some complaints that I think are worth addressing.

1. Setting the dipswitches between jamma/mvs/chamma is annoying, especially since they're not marked on the board and there's quite a few.
1a. Similarly switching between stereo and mono is done with jumpers in different spots on the board.
2. This is the big one. A lot of times player 2 just doesn't work. I think this is partially due to the JAMMIX presenting itself as a single device to the mister (which also requires a custom ini line). Troubleshooting this is annoying too since half the time it's a problem with the dip switches (things being held to ground that shouldn't be) and the other half is the device not being recognized appropriately. It would make much more sense, imo, to have player 1 and player 2 be separate devices.

Sorry about your equipment, don't know how it works, so I can't comment, but about two separate controllers, if the code and microcontroller is good enough, it should handle well.

My goal is arcade PCB, so the engineering on HIMITSU is to provide the best and easiest user experience possible.

Switches are required due to the wide range of cabs and people's preferred settings.

The sponsors have direct access to development and are providing excellent suggestions, so I am hopeful that the final PCB will be a fantastic device for the community.

I'm a little confused, you're making two completely different products, calling them by the same base name, but where only one of them is open source, yet you want "community support" for the commercial version that has the useful bits on it, but won't be open-source?

I'm a little confused, you're making two completely different products, calling them by the same base name, but where only one of them is open source, yet you want "community support" for the commercial version that has the useful bits on it, but won't be open-source?
Sorry, I can't understand you as well.
Maybe a language barrier.

Can you explain better?

Well, no answer from @invzim . If you need to now more about Jamma Himitsu project, just ask, but let me understand first, ok?

I have a JAMMIX and it's pretty nice, but I do have some complaints that I think are worth addressing.

1. Setting the dipswitches between jamma/mvs/chamma is annoying, especially since they're not marked on the board and there's quite a few.
1a. Similarly switching between stereo and mono is done with jumpers in different spots on the board.
2. This is the big one. A lot of times player 2 just doesn't work. I think this is partially due to the JAMMIX presenting itself as a single device to the mister (which also requires a custom ini line). Troubleshooting this is annoying too since half the time it's a problem with the dip switches (things being held to ground that shouldn't be) and the other half is the device not being recognized appropriately. It would make much more sense, imo, to have player 1 and player 2 be separate devices.
Tell me more! I have not been able to get player 2 controls to get recognized for months! I'm about to throw I'm the towel and buy something else. Any tips?

Del

Back