What's new
I want to see if I can get my PC up for KI, as well as maybe Street Fighter IV or V.

You indeed need 2 brooks board for that.
Here's what I did:

I splitted the jamma loom and inserted AMP connectors so that I can connect the joysticks and buttons to the brooks
IMG_2894.jpg
IMG_2895.jpg

...or If needed, a quick unplug of the brooks and plug into the jamma harness below:
IMG_2897.jpg

Great choice of game and you'll quickly forget the price of the Brooks! (which is pretty cheap here)

IMG_2898.jpg

I think splitting the loom might be a little confusing for me, so I may not go that route. What are the specs on your PC that you run KI on? I have an old(er) laptop that I installed it on yesterday and it ran sort of meh, but long loading times, and after one fight, it would crash. Wasn't even a pirated version, its one that I own from Xbox Live that can install on a pc.

Im probably going to build a PC so I can run stuff up to KI, SFIV and SFV, and see if I can get a Wii emulator going so I can play some Tatsunoko vs Capcom. But I don't want to build a $4000 PC to slap into the cab. I'd rather be really frugal and spend as little as possible since it wont be a 'daily driver.'

Im probably going to build a PC so I can run stuff up to KI, SFIV and SFV, and see if I can get a Wii emulator going so I can play some Tatsunoko vs Capcom. But I don't want to build a $4000 PC to slap into the cab. I'd rather be really frugal and spend as little as possible since it wont be a 'daily driver.'
I built a PC in 2019 to run any modern fighting game on my Vewlixes for $500. You don't have to spend $4k for sure.

Thee pc in mine is running :
  • Radeon RX470
  • i7-3770 @ 3.4Ghz
  • 16 GB Ram

I am too cheap to replace the 2TB HD with an SSD ... would probably help with loading time but hey, it's fine!

Thee pc in mine is running :
  • Radeon RX470
  • i7-3770 @ 3.4Ghz
  • 16 GB Ram

I am too cheap to replace the 2TB HD with an SSD ... would probably help with loading time but hey, it's fine!
Upgrading to SSD would make that PC feel alot snappier and yes load faster. They aint that expensive either. Going back to mechanical drives in this day and age, I try to avoid if I can.

You indeed need 2 brooks board for that.
Here's what I did:

I splitted the jamma loom and inserted AMP connectors so that I can connect the joysticks and buttons to the brooks
IMG_2894.jpg
IMG_2895.jpg

...or If needed, a quick unplug of the brooks and plug into the jamma harness below:

Great choice of game and you'll quickly forget the price of the Brooks! (which is pretty cheap here)

Couple questions - would anyone know what a single player (6 button) control panel would sell for? I took the one in my cab out and don't need it. Its a Chewlix/Repro/Knockoff, not an official Viewlix, so I dont want to say "GIMME 10,000!!" when it might be worth $2. It looks like this:

1664860462253.jpeg

Second (and maybe 3rd, 4th, etc), @Mrhide - I'm having a real bitch of a time with my Chewlix and 2nd player. Mine didn't have a 2nd player harness, so I bought a new one (for chewlixes) on ebay and it came in today. I tested continuity on it and it works 100%, there's no issue with the physical harness. But when I connect everything for player 2 literally only one button (quick kick) is noticed. Not even directionals. I've tried setting it up on Batocera as well as Windows and it's the same thing both ways. In windows, the Brook boards show up as an Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller.

I have two brooks boards. One UFB (latest firmware) and one PS3/4 "green" board, also on latest fw. Both of them are connected to a Psychic Drive UFB to JAMMA adapter. Now here is the weird thing that I just cant wrap my head around.

Both brooks boards will randomly act like either a "Generic Xbox Pad" or some other such thing. I have to unplug the USB cable, and replug it and then Batocera says "Brook (whatever board name) connected." I can assign every button on my control panel for player 1. Directionals, 8 face buttons, start, and even 3 extra buttons you see up on the sub panel. The board I linked to earlier has a CPS2 connector that I'm not using at the moment. The board has a switch to go between JAMMA and CHAMMA. If I set it on JAMMA, almost nothing works, and only 3 buttons work for the kick harness. If I set it to JAMMA, the CPS2 connector basically shuts off and doesn't work anyway, but I'm able to assign all of those buttons in Batocera - albeit for ONLY player 1.

Normally id say "welp theres an issue with the wiring beyond the harness in the loom" - but (it gets better!) - Before, when I only had the P1 harness, I would move the molex connector to the Player 2 connector to test - and it worked fine. Granted Id be on Player 1s side, but activate player 2 in games, etc. But now - even that doesn't work anymore.

I'm seriously considering just removing the Psychic Drive board and then just wiring everything directly to the Brook boards. I am utterly lost and confused as to what is causing this issue so I'm thinking of just abandoning the JAMMA side of things and go direct to the brook boards, and even remove the Psychic Drive board.

Will it hurt anything if I just completely ignore the JAMMA harness in the cab entirely? Like when I turn on the cab it powers the PC as well as the monitor inside, and would normally power a JAMMA PCB if there were one in there. But if I completely take the harness out of the equation and wire everything directly to the brook boards, but leave the harness attached inside the cabinet - will that cause any issues in day to day use?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate any and all help.

Last edited:
Back