What's new

hocuslocus

Beginner
Reaction score
not sure if I've posted this, but coming back to this again now.
This is the last issue I have, trying to locate another pot for the vertical position. 4 leg
the monitor bounces slightly (it stops bouncing after I adjust, but sometimes starts again), I'm not even sure it's the right value (since it doesn't look like the others , prolly been replaced at some point).
this is a k7000a chassis with the zenith tube. wondering if anyone knew what the actual value was supposed to be for the remote board. I checked some vendors, like digi, newark etc... can't seem to find to many 4 leg pots.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Resized_20210504_001309.jpeg
    Resized_20210504_001309.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Resized_20210504_001346.jpeg
    Resized_20210504_001346.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 91
Idk if this helps, but I have the same chassis but it was missing the remote board. I ended up fixing it by just deleting the remote leads and terminating the controls by installing vanilla 3 leg pots on the main chassis. I’m pretty sure the extra leg is just stabilization and it appears that way as 2 legs seem to share the same trace on your pic.

Idk if this helps, but I have the same chassis but it was missing the remote board. I ended up fixing it by just deleting the remote leads and terminating the controls by installing vanilla 3 leg pots on the main chassis. I’m pretty sure the extra leg is just stabilization and it appears that way as 2 legs seem to share the same trace on your pic.
I appreciate it, I think the two side pins are common. I was contemplating doing something like what you mentioned if I couldn't find a source for the pots. Which at this point it doesn't seem like they exist anymore (at least not the values I'm looking for). I've looked through digi, newark, mouser and that one other guy who sells a bunch of repair CRT stuff on his site. can't seem to find them anywhere.

kind of sucks, the only other CRT I have is in a nfl blitz/nba showtime cabinet and that monitor has some weird chassis also. I was looking for a flyback for it as a just in a case part and couldn't find it. Is it possible to use those "universal chassis's" on ebay if something happened to these (where the parts were unobtanium)?
I wouldn't think so right

It totally depends on the original chassis; K7000s are very easy to replace and common. It's like the "chevy 350" of monitors. Your K7000a is almost completely the same as a k7000 except the flyback which is hard to come by. All my 25" monitors are k7000s on purpose, and I have spares.

Back