What's new

Nodoyuna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi

Next month I'll be getting a Killer Instinct 2 PCB. It does come revised and with the CF adapter so I can load the game from CF instead from original HDD

It seems it's a "special" system, and the only other game for that system is Killer Instinct 1, which I know it can be modded to load the game from CF card

So, my question is: is it possible to make a "multi" using KI2 PCB, install the CF mod and load KI1 and KI2 swapping card or something like that

If possible, do I need some additional hardware?

Thanks in advance

Killer Instinct Dual Board some discussion here though nothing public yet. Keep in mind the current simple/official conversion kit was for a KI 1 board, to easily become KI2 with a small adapter. but they did make dedicated KI2 boards that currently can’t be converted to KI1.

Thanks for the reply

So, what I want to to is possible having a KI1 PCB, right?

In that case, and having the CF adapter, it's as easy as CF card swap?

Well if anyone releases the info that would do it. Maybe even just a KI2, I dunno. Not public info! But the current public knowledge conversion (official from Rare) from KI1 to KI2 requires a small ide pcb with a security chip on it too.

interfacepcb.jpg

it’s rare to see for sale by itself. If you keep an eye out for KI2’s for sale sometimes you’ll see it. Buy that one, it’s a KI1 that’s been upgraded, and you can downgrade.

Back