What's new

ChrisBEANS

Professional
Reaction score
So, I’ve got my small collection of MVS games in shock boxes, and I’ve chosen the cover inserts so that they all have the uniform grey spine.

I also have two NG Dev games (Fast Striker and Kraut Buster) that both have full art covers including the spine.

All well and good. However, I recently noticed that Southtown Homebrew have a Fast Striker cover with the grey spine too.

https://southtown-homebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_216&products_id=1142

I’ve picked it up, very cool. Very happy.

Try as I might, I can’t find a cover for Kraut Buster with a grey spine…

Has anyone seen one anywhere?

Would be cool to have my entire collection neat and uniform…

Cheers

Chris

This might be something you have to take on yourself. Not a lot of kraut buster owners out there. If you were going to find them anywhere you would find them here (or n-g.com), so not a bad place to look.

You can submit your own cover to Southside (bigbear) and he will print it for you.

If you scan your kraut buster insert you can modify the spine yourself using something free like gimp or paint 3d.

Paint 3d makes it very easy to cut out logos with it's "magic" tool (I forget the exact name).

I always thought paint 3d was garbage until I learned how to use it (for my purposes, at least).

I made my own Darksoft multi cover and changed a lot of the colors, moved logos around, and modified text. It was easier than I thought it would be once I started.

The print from Southside came out excellent.

I've also made a lot of custom Genesis covers and cart labels using paint 3d. I can't believe how good they come out.

I'm sure you can do it if you put your mind to it

Yeah fair play. I’m happy to have a go myself, and I will eventually.
The only reason I’m keen for someone more competent to have a crack is because I’m unlikely to get it to an especially high standard.

I’ve managed to knock up a reasonable effort at my own custom stick art on photopea.com with only a couple of YouTube videos, so I’m sure I’ll get there.

Cheers dude, nice post 😎

Back