What's new

XtraSmiley

Champion
Reaction score
Really these new memory modules are fantastic, I hope we don’t have to use 27c322 ever again for so many reasons.
It's an interesting thought, I mean, why not move right into SD card territory?

ekorz

Multi Boyz 4 Pi
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
why not move right into SD card territory?
I'm sure a maker can respond but I'm under the impression using memory-only + dips for a multi is much simpler/faster to design, vs doing all the multi hardware work PLUS adding hardware to bus data from SD to memory-modules PLUS add software for SD reading/GUI. So less hardware, and no need to write/debug/update any firmware.

A

Apocalypse

Will this use the same EPROMs as the S16 multi? If so, I need to source some again...
Nope, games size would require tons of those EPROMs.
Really these new memory modules are fantastic, I hope we don’t have to use 27c322 ever again for so many reasons.
Here size needed makes old EPROMs unrealistic to use due to the high number required.
Plus those flashes are a current product, fast to write, easy to erase (no need for extra hardware).
But they do require level shifters... If you do things properly. :evil:
It's an interesting thought, I mean, why not move right into SD card territory?
I personally don't like to wait a game to load from the SD to flash, and given the relatively affordable price of flash memory today all games can be permanently written.
I though of the SD card approach but it would only be used one time when installing the multi.
I think an USB approach is better. But again it involves more parts, more development time, etc. for a feature you're going to use only once or twice.

hoagtech

Champion
Reaction score
Edit: (solved)

I just received my Rad rally board, and its stuck on this error message on boot that says "Networking Check, This machine is Master Controller"

Anyone else come across with an S32 board?

Edit: I figured it out. Hit the service button.. Doh!

Now I can figure out how rig a steering up to my HAS. I would love to play this game. the 2D 3D racing is very smooth.

When playing with a Neogeo controller. I can only go left and crash..

Last edited:

Mrhide

Champion
Reaction score
I just received my Rad rally board, now I can figure out how rig a steering up to my HAS. I would love to play this game. the 2D 3D racing is very smooth.

Carefull: If you do, you'll turn around and see that you now have 3 twin racers taking all the space in your basement!

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
I haven't played Rad Rally, but Rad Mobile is seriously underrated. It's 100% Sega AM3 greatness (before the team was known as Sega AM3). Why it gets shit on I'll never understand. I love the beginning of the Kansas stage where the cops overtake you and try to stop you on the bridge.

(I sold my cab just a few weeks ago. Now I feel sad)

mthngn

Student
Reaction score
I haven't played Rad Rally, but Rad Mobile is seriously underrated. It's 100% Sega AM3 greatness (before the team was known as Sega AM3). Why it gets shit on I'll never understand. I love the beginning of the Kansas stage where the cops overtake you and try to stop you on the bridge.

(I sold my cab just a few weeks ago. Now I feel sad)
Perhaps @Apocalypse will dump rad mobile from Sega Mini Astro City and it can be play also with joypad/stick 😇

GalileoFigaro

Beginner
Reaction score
Edit: (solved)

I just received my Rad rally board, and its stuck on this error message on boot that says "Networking Check, This machine is Master Controller"

Anyone else come across with an S32 board?

68456-A88-3-D6-F-4303-8602-5-C3-ACE6065-CB.jpg

Edit: I figured it out. Hit the service button.. Doh!

Now I can figure out how rig a steering up to my HAS. I would love to play this game. the 2D 3D racing is very smooth.

I have the same problem with Rad Mobile, i can only go left and crash. ¿how can we fixed?

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Rad Mobile, i can only go left and crash. ¿how can we fixed?

You need to wire up a pot to the analog inputs. Because you have nothing there at the moment, the game is seeing 0V which is a hard left in the game.

GalileoFigaro

Beginner
Reaction score
You need to wire up a pot to the analog inputs. Because you have nothing there at the moment, the game is seeing 0V which is a hard left in the game.
Do you know the resistance or the value of the potentiometer to connect? Can this same procedure be used for Out Runners and drive the vehicle correctly?

GalileoFigaro

Beginner
Reaction score
OK i founded myself in the rad mobile diagram
5K ohms potenciometers for steering wheel and pedals.

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 19

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
Correct. Sega uses 5K pots for everything.

It works for OutRunners too (and OutRun, Model 2 / 3, Naomi, etc).

Mrhide

Champion
Reaction score

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
Pretty sure they're linear.

The pots Sega uses are stupid good though. I have original ones that have stood up for 25 years. I think they're by Matsushita?