What's new

stasalein

Student
Reaction score
Just got my vf5fs silver satellite from japan but it was D.O.A

so I tried to reuse a yellow lindbergh motherboard i have, moved the cf, hdd, graphics card, the card reader and jvs card it booted but its stuck on this
"wait for downloading" message

any idea what can I do ? added a screen of my network settings also

Attachments

• IMG_1406[1].JPG
    IMG_1406[1].JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1407[1].JPG
    IMG_1407[1].JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 143
Can you access game test mode?
Assuming you've swapped the keychip over as well?

Yes I've swapped the keychip, the game test mode is grayed out in the test menu :(

I would try setting the gateway in your network settings.

What's the security key number? If you are trying to use a VF: FS version A key, it's waiting for an internet connection...you need B offline version in order to play it offline.

What's the security key number? If you are trying to use a VF: FS version A key, it's waiting for an internet connection...you need B offline version in order to play it offline.
Didn't know about this :/

this is the one I have

Attachments

• IMG_1408[1].JPG
    IMG_1408[1].JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 174
Yup that's the one you have to be connected to Sega's servers in order for it to work.
:( bummer I guess I need to get a multi kit for it...
btw
what is the "correct" keychip I'm looking for? in case I'll see it sometimes on yahoo auctions

Yup that's the one you have to be connected to Sega's servers in order for it to work.
Is that true for the ones being sold on fleabay as "Unlocked Final" as well? Did these recieve some type of offline patch when online services were terminated, or is this some kind of shady cracked version? If its something legit I wonder if it would be possible to apply it to the donor? I would imagine its ok to do as long as you arn't circumventing the need for the original keychip.

Back