What's new

chacal231077

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi! :)

I would like to know what is the list of equipment to operate a Cobra The Arcade on a
New Net City & on a Plasma screen

The gun and sensor type that exists & home made creations, basically today's alternatives

The obligatory material like I / O the Namco FCA2 PCB Board or Namco V185 I / O PCB, and S256 (+ LH) (obligatory) ?

Thank you:thumbup:

The game uses the “exact” same OMZ IR and sensor setup as Time Crisis 4. Some Sega games also use a similar setup but aren’t compatible. The FCA2 pcb works for both Cobra and Time Crisis 4, but TC4’s V329 NA-JV pcb should also work. The V185/291 pcb will not work as its only meant to fully function with Time Crisis 2 and Time Crisis 3. As for alternatives to the gun sensors and IR leds, there aren’t any unfortunately as they used a special gun sensor and wavelength specific IR leds. You will also need the OMC-GZH200 CPU gun sense pcb to power the IR leds ,the gun sensor, and interfaces with the I/O pcb (X and Y axis). For cobra, the game uses cards and card readers and without the card, the game won’t let you access some levels or would just end up crashing when you finish the last level before requiring the “memory card”. I’m still hip for some patch to bypass this issue. That should be pretty much it. It may seem complicated but I believe in you!

Attachments

• 4B3D375F-55C9-42BF-8732-1AEEDE1926AC.jpeg
    4B3D375F-55C9-42BF-8732-1AEEDE1926AC.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 79
The thing that may be a bit concerning is that the device seems to be used for Sega systems. I’m not sure if Namco systems would work or register properly without modifying the original code.

which of the two is better is more stable for you ?
I would still go for a real set, but for now, I’d say test both the Gun2Naomi and OPENJVS. I don’t think that Gun4IR or Sinden will work unless they get implemented to OPENJVS. I’m still trying to extract some information from my I/O boards so OPENJVS will work with 99.9% accuracy. I’ll keep everyone updated with that.

Franco23444 look a this

Could that solve the card reader problem?

Naomi/Chihiro/Triforce/LindBergh/RingEdge Memory Card
I’m not sure, what I do know is that the card readers the game uses aren’t the same ones that Tekken 5 or Super Dragonball Z use. What I’m also not so sure about is if the cards are game specific or similar ones to Initial D. I haven’t messed with the card readers because of how rare and expensive the real Cobra the Arcade cards are.
$2000 for old stock! That’s outrageous!
https://m.coinopexpress.com/products/product.html?id=5995

Back