What's new

thatsabiglaser

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking this forum for years, but never registered because didn’t have a reason too - couldn’t afford a unit nor have the space. Well… after nearly a decade, I have finally obtained a Neo Geo MVS 2 25 and plan to completely restore it. Once it’s completely restored to its 90s stock glory, I plan to turn it into a very personal social experiment / temporarily dadaist art project, “Neo Geo in Unexpected Places”.

I’ve attached a picture of the starting point of this project. Looking forward to see what comes out of this project!

Attachments

• IMG_6167.jpeg
    IMG_6167.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 34
Welcome! That's a really nice starting point!
Thank you. Been looking for a good unit for years. Luckily fell into right place and right time for this acquisition. This unit had has brand new tube in it. I only really need to upgrade the audio and restore the joysticks and overlay to stock. The chips and scratches are relatively small - so easy to address the cosmetic defects on front and sides.

Also if anyone knows of a good way to clean/replace the memory card / audio jack panel on the front cabinet. I saw something on Szaibos arcade but that appears to be a vinyl label.

New tube without any burn is even better! Szabo makes really good replica stuff, I've used him before. He's a bit slow on turnaround but nothing crazy for this scene. I don't know about the panel but I'm sure someone here does. Good luck with it bud and remember to have fun!

New tube without any burn is even better! Szabo makes really good replica stuff, I've used him before. He's a bit slow on turnaround but nothing crazy for this scene. I don't know about the panel but I'm sure someone here does. Good luck with it bud and remember to have fun!

I got the overlay from QuarterArcade based on a tutorial I saw (https://www.ledfrog.com/arcade/proj...ontrol-panel-for-big-red-cabinet-restoration/) and more or less following this. The sides of the cabinet are pretty good, just slight chips and bumps. I think I can just touchup with a small hand brush, since it doesn't need to be perfect. I bookmarked Szabo's stuff for the sides if I decide to replace those.

The cabinet is pretty quiet, so I definitely need to replace speakers and add an amp next.

Back