What's new

hatmoose

Grand Master
Reaction score
Yes, the 9 pin version requires components in the SCART cable. The 8 pin version doesn't.
+1 for the goats answer.
8 pin is standard XRGB pinout
(straight through, no resistors or caps in the cable required, sync and r, g, b are already attenuated on the Minigun.)
9 pin is standard Megadrive 2 pinout
red , green and blue are NOT attenuated on the Minigun, will need to be attenuated with resistor and capacitor in the scart shell. ensure the sync jumper is set to 75 ohm on the Minigun itself

SVM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this means 220uF and 75 ohms for R, G and B and 220uF for sync, right?

Oh, and 180 ohms for SCART pin 16 of course.

hatmoose

Grand Master
Reaction score
Reactions: SVM

Alekxkdash

New User
Reaction score
Hi, I am having problems outputting video to through my Din-9 on the Minigun. It used to work fine with all the cables I have to several boards but now I get no signal. is there a way to check for shorts on the din-9 and what is the pinout?

Last thing that I know that could have damaged it was that I mixed around, by accident, the +5v and ground going to the minigun. But it didn't even turn on and no sparks or any burning seems present.

Everything else works fine except for the video. I haven't tested audio, so will check that once I get back home.

SVM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pinout corresponds to the Genesis 2 pinout, but C-Sync and Composite (pin 4 and 5) are interconnected and mono (pin 6) isn't connected.

Attachments

• mega2.png
    mega2.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 6