What's new

Raph_friend

Professional
Reaction score
The Atomiswave and Minigun work fine with a Neo Geo CD DB15 pad. It's just the USB2DB15 adapters that I can't get to work with the AW. I've tried several different arcade sticks (Qanba Drones, Brook Retro Board). The USB2DB15s still work with other games like CPS2. I've heard about ZD7 on the AW blowing and affecting inputs, but mine looks fine from what I can tell, and inputs work with the Neo Geo pad.
I have a AW and I will try to replicate your issue, but don't make much sense.

tDRG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a AW and I will try to replicate your issue, but don't make much sense.
Thank you. I'm not really feeling the AW anyway so I've listed it for sale, but it would be nice to know what the issue is.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
That AW looks pretty rusted out and probably had a hard life above or under water.

It's probably something really miniscule, and given the cheap-ish nature of the base hardware it would be easier almost buying another than trying to diagnose a repair without the skills.

It could also be something screwy with the Undamned adapters... did you update the firmware to the latest on your units?

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good set of written instructions on putting a minigun together? I got my digikey box in the mail but it clearly isn't everything I need.

I can do all the work myself, but when I was younger I could poke around with this on my own but not with my life situation now :) and I haven't seen instructions in the threads I've read. Thx!

the Goat

Grand Master
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good set of written instructions on putting a minigun together? I got my digikey box in the mail but it clearly isn't everything I need.

I can do all the work myself, but when I was younger I could poke around with this on my own but not with my life situation now :) and I haven't seen instructions in the threads I've read. Thx!
I don't think it is any more complicated than soldering each component to the appropriate location on the PCB.

Do you have specific questions?

Reaction score
Sure, thank you - - so what else besides the digikey BOM do you need to buy? I didn't really think about how digikey prob didn't have JAMMA edges or other stuff needed to assemble. And my BOM box didn't come with a large board or anything to solder it all on to.

I guess I had assumed everything I needed to buy would have purchase links in the OP or soon after.

I know that seems really basic but I with my time and ADHD it's extremely hard to work on projects where I'm not absolutely sure of what I'm doing and that I've got the right materials. Stuff that seems obvious are areas where I end up asking questions, lol.

I can def solder and assemble it all. Thx!

the Goat

Grand Master
Reaction score
Sure, thank you - - so what else besides the digikey BOM do you need to buy? I didn't really think about how digikey prob didn't have JAMMA edges or other stuff needed to assemble. And my BOM box didn't come with a large board or anything to solder it all on to.

I guess I had assumed everything I needed to buy would have purchase links in the OP or soon after.

I know that seems really basic but I with my time and ADHD it's extremely hard to work on projects where I'm not absolutely sure of what I'm doing and that I've got the right materials. Stuff that seems obvious are areas where I end up asking questions, lol.

I can def solder and assemble it all. Thx!
You have to order the blank PCB from a PCB manufacturer. Or buy it from somebody who resells them. I used to resell them. But I don't have any stock remaining.

Everything else should be included in the BOM from digikey. Except maybe wires for the power supply cable.