For Sale

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Update: 11th March 2024.

Units available to pre-order now.

PayPal F&F / Direct Deposit only. PM me to order and for current pricing.

mmp07iona1.jpg

mmp07iona2.jpg

mmp07iona3.jpg

mmp07iona6.jpg

pcb_photo_en.jpg

"The MP07-IONA-US is created by Mellow PCB from Japan. It is a small board that allows for the direct connection of USB gamepads and sticks to JVS based arcade systems.

JVS systems are generally equipped with a power supply, video and audio outputs already. Usually you would need to hook up a I/O Board such as the Capcom or SEGA I/O or Taito Fast I/O for controls, this is where the IONA board steps in to save the day. Simply power it with a micro USB cable and you've got access for 2-Players via USB. There's no need for a Supergun when playing outside of a cabinet anymore!

Device has been tested as compatible with SEGA Naomi, Taito Type X, X², Namco System 2x6, exA-Arcadia and more!

Gamepads supported include Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 and PC as well as some PS3 and Switch controllers with more support on the way via free user-upgradable firmware (you can request controller support by filling out a form direct to Mellow PCB).

Also, for example you're able to play Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram on Naomi with a Tanita Twinstick or DeathCrimson OX on Naomi with a PS3 Guncon 3 and much more!

There's also Rapid-fire and Custom Button Layout features in this jam-packed tiny device.

Last edited:
Hi,

Is it Taito X3 compatible?
And how does Guncon 3 work?

bye

Count me in for the case. I have one of these and it works great. Really simplified my usage of the TX1/2. Highly recommend it to people who want an easy way to interface arcade sticks with JVS boards.

Which reminds me, I should try this thing with TvC!

From the reviews I have read in Japanese the input lag situation is dependent on what stick you’re using. It seems negligible.

More info can be found here: https://toyoshim.github.io/iona-us/en

I like this solution greatly and it would work extremely well for JVS consolisation projects.

I’ll leave this pre-order open for another 12 hours at which point I’ll finalize my order and PM everyone for payment. Thanks!

I like this solution greatly and it would work extremely well for JVS consolisation projects.

This. Would be interesting to see a unit with internal USB headers instead of ports... or just breakout the desoldering gun.
I wonder what the two headers on the top right are for?

For Guncon3 support, does anyone know what "designed for DeathCrimson OX" means ?
Not compatible with the other Sega gun games, or button mapping not supported ?

I'm in for one :)
(too bad it doesn't have 4 usb ports for Power Stone 2 )

For Guncon3 support, does anyone know what "designed for DeathCrimson OX" means ?
Not compatible with the other Sega gun games, or button mapping not supported ?
I’m assuming that was to explain how the gun is seen by the IO. I have a Guncon 3 and sensors here so I can do some testing when I get the unit and find time.

Spoke to the developer about adding in some common steering wheel support and he was open to bringing it and other features and support this year.

Thank you so much about asking for steering wheel support 8o

Does anyone know which brook ufb mode is supported with the least lag ? :) (asking because I know the ufb seems to be "known" in Japan as well)

Thanks everyone for paying promptly. Looking forward to getting feedback from everyone about the performance.

There's a pretty nice system the creator's setup to add new devices / features to the board.

You can find that info here: https://toyoshim.github.io/iona-us/report_en

After this batch, I'll be able to order some more, so if you're interested send me a DM.

It's long shot, but I hope there's a way to allow for Crack'n DJ to be played somehow with this PCB. I've played it on a cab once at CAX a few years ago and haven't been able to try it again since.

@Zepherino I doubt it to be honest, the hardware required for it is quite unique, but you never know.

Maybe he'd be up for the challenge. I played that machine at Mikado in Takadanobaba, love that game!

Back