What's new
For Sale
I got the IONA 2.0 recently from DJSheep and it doesn’t work when trying it with Naomi. And I still have wrap my head around trying to update the firmware. So it does power on but no controls are detected. Any ideas or any help would he most appreciated.

I got the IONA 2.0 recently from DJSheep and it doesn’t work when trying it with Naomi. And I still have wrap my head around trying to update the firmware. So it does power on but no controls are detected. Any ideas or any help would he most appreciated.

try a different power cable and power source.

try a different power cable and power source.
You mean connecting it to PC or to Naomi? I tried using USB C for both, it powers on for both but JVS isn’t detected for Naomi and I was confused by the whole WinUSB thing.

Try a shorter usb-c cable and using an alternate power source?

All units shipped have the latest firmware and board revision available at the time so yours being from the last batch he produced will be up-to-date.

Either way, the firmware will have no bearing on the device not working with a Naomi.

Have you tried reaching out to Toyoshim on Twitter or via GitHub… he may have other troubleshooting steps.

I take trying an alternate cable or power source didn’t work? How are you powering the device and what controllers do you have connected?

All units shipped have the latest firmware and board revision available at the time so yours being from the last batch he produced will be up-to-date.

Either way, the firmware will have no bearing on the device not working with a Naomi.

Have you tried reaching out to Toyoshim on Twitter or via GitHub… he may have other troubleshooting steps.

I take trying an alternate cable or power source didn’t work? How are you powering the device and what controllers do you have connected?

I will try it again this weekend, and that’s good to know about the firmware. I tried using a spigen multipurpose cable for power originally, it was turned on after the Naomi was turned on and I was using a custom stick with a Brook Universal Fighting Board PCB. There is a blue light when it was plugged in, but the Naomi doesn’t detect the JVS IO when it’s on. And originally my friend and I thought it was a FW issue but trying to update the FW on this requires to jump hoops with the registry and WinUSB which we never got around doing, so the computer couldn’t read it anyway. But I’ll try it on the weekend again with a different USB C cable and plug.

I've opened up yet another round of Pre-Orders. Just PM me if you want one.

Price break for those ordering more than one internationally... adding another 1 or even 10 to the box won't increase postage cost.

Also note that my price is reflective on the UPS courier costs from Japan to Australia then the Air Mail costs to US/Europe. These are included in the price I charge. Not out here trying to fleece anyone ;)

Edit: 4 units left in this batch.

Last edited:
Did you solve the Naomi problem? I have the exact same issue. Works fine on the Exa and Ringedge 2 but the Naomi never detects it. Already have the shortest cables it's possible to buy.

Last edited:
I've still troubles with Naomi2 too.
I came back to firmware 1.35,because i had lost analog control in 1.41 and Naomi2 never locks iona in 1.41 with "Inactivate JVS data signal level adjustment" only TTX2 and TTx3 worked.

Naomi 2 only locks iona I/o with my longest usb cable but I have i/o error 30sec or 1min later. (ttx2 and ttx3 no lock at all in firmware 1.35)
I've tested 7 other usb cable very short, no lock. always blue led blinking.
I've tested 3 power suply usb-c= same result.

My naomi2 work perfectly with axun Cbox and all usb cables.

For those of you who have problems with Naomi, I'll tell you about my experience:
It works for me on some bases and not on others, I don't know why, if it's a problem with the filter board or not.
what I recommend is that if you have other Naomi bases, test it with others

I updated to the latest firmware and it seems to work ok on my Naomi 1 with a Japanese H bios.

I added some more light gun games to my netboot setup but unfortunately these didn't work well.

HOTD2 displayed a dual screen for some reason. The Guncon 3 trigger was recognized but not the aiming.

Ninja Assault flagged as 'I/O PCB error'. This is surprising as it's on the list as working. The AW conversion Sports Shooting USA also recognized the Guncon trigger but not the aiming.

Glad you got it working with Naomi @jj1929 but sucks the aiming won't work... possibly HOTD2 displays dual as it's 31khz mode in a 15khz cab? I bought this thing specifically for Naomi lightgun support, so hope it will be working (soon)...

Mine is at the customs at the moment, just saw in my postal service app I've got a letter from UPS coming, ugh..

Glad you got it working with Naomi @jj1929 but sucks the aiming won't work... possibly HOTD2 displays dual as it's 31khz mode in a 15khz cab? I bought this thing specifically for Naomi lightgun support, so hope it will be working (soon)...

Mine is at the customs at the moment, just saw in my postal service app I've got a letter from UPS coming, ugh..
Thanks @Sp33dFr34k! I wouldn't worry too much, as Death Crimson OX and Confidential Mission are still working ok.

I have my Naomi set to 15khz with a Capcom I/O so I didn't think HOTD2 would display in 31khz? I'll look into that though.

Cool :)

@djsheep was just thinking, when you wanna play a gungame with 2 players, am I right in thinking 1 set of sensors and 2 guns is sufficient in case of the Guncon3?

Back