What's new
For Sale
I'm a little dense when it comes to JVS. So does this board remove the need for a jvs io completely? I can have my stick and buttons wired with a 20/4 pin brooks harness and go directly into this then plug this into an exa and be good to go?

Hey @djsheep - Let me run this by you, scenario wise.

I have a Vew, with Arthrimus's excellent Brooks to Taito IO pcb.

They supported 20pin connectors, so theoretically, I could toss one of these, on the P1 port, pass it USB C from a power strip, and then go A to A, to an EXA when I get one?

Obviously it would have far more use going straight from like a TR Fightstick direct to a X3, or other options, but would the scenario above work?

@bagheera369 This device was purposefully built primarily for eXA “fast mode” use. So it’s absolutely perfect your use case and anyone wanting to use sticks with the system or with it under their cabs control panel.

It unlocks the zero lag eXA Fast JVS (different from Fast IO, and unique to the eXa). The Brook pinout is the same as the official cable, you just need to provide 5v power to the unit.

Does Arthimus device do anything else but pass signals? Can’t make any promises but don’t see there being issues.

Support for other JVS systems is yet to be determined, I’ve been snowed under and haven’t had time. Lots of “Mini” consoles are supported officially too if that’s your thing.

I was hoping to replace the two Brooks boards in my Noir for X3 Multi use, but it didn’t work this far.

For those who want this board regardless of what it supports outside of eXA, please post up as it will help me decide how big my first batch of boards should be.

Last edited:
@bagheera369 This device was purposefully built primarily for eXA “fast mode” use. So it’s absolutely perfect your use case and anyone wanting to use sticks with the system or with it under their cabs control panel.

It unlocks the zero lag eXA Fast JVS (different from Fast IO, and unique to the eXa). The Brook pinout is the same as the official cable, you just need to provide 5v power to the unit.

Support for other JVS systems is yet to be determined, I’ve been snowed under and haven’t had time. Lots of “Mini” consoles are supported officially too if that’s your thing.

I was hoping to replace the two Brooks boards in my Noir for X3 Multi use, but it didn’t work this far.

For those who want this board regardless of what it supports outside of eXA, please post up as it will help me decide how big my first batch of boards should be.

I hear ya.

I was thinking of using it to fool-proof my Tate'd vewlix, using arthrimus to this, and then this to JVS2pac from Irkin, to have Exa, JVS, and PC all in one cab, with no other worries.

I'm still a ways off from handling a 4K + Exa purchase. :(

Taking orders now for those who want to use this with eXA or want to help out with testing:

$65 USD (approx. 56 Euro) + Actual Shipping (Around $20 worldwide).

PM me to order.

Last edited:
Will this model have improved support for NAOMI? I have a MP07 i'm enjoying, but even with the level adjust setting it has issues with a DualShock 4. (My Hyperkin Duke works fine, strangely, but there's no obvious way to kick that into twin stick mode)

Also, would Sinden Lightgun support be feasible? Thanks!

Will this model have improved support for NAOMI? I have a MP07 i'm enjoying, but even with the level adjust setting it has issues with a DualShock 4. (My Hyperkin Duke works fine, strangely, but there's no obvious way to kick that into twin stick mode)
Bumping for this question. The website says it "supports almost all JVS based arcade systems," so it was a bummer to hear it didn't work on TTX3 Multi.

I’ve been working with this pcb for a bit. It’s pretty awesome so far. For someone doing a build from scratch, I think they’ll have a super easy time.

For those thinking about using this for an existing fight-stick though - you should understand two things:

First, you probably ONLY have one usb i/o port on your fight stick currently. You will need two — one for JVS and one for power. My solution is to replace my old neutrik D-series usb pass-through with a dual-usb version I found. I have those parts on order and will share them assuming it all works.

Second, the footprint of the pcb is not 1:1 with a brooks/ps360+/etc so while the 20 pin header matches perfectly you will need some other way to secure the pcb. The screw holes don’t match either. If this ever gets a revision, I’d suggest using that common footprint next time to make a swap-in really easy. Here’s a photo of the pcb against an outline of the standard/brooks pcb so you can see what I mean. The 20pin holds it in well, but I’d prefer to screw it down.

IMG_4378.jpeg

And here it is lined up with a brooks, the 20pin headers are aligned so you can see the screw holes don’t align. If the pcb was just a little longer, at least the two mounting holes on the left side could line up.

IMG_4379.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice one @ekorz -- I'll share this post with Toyoshim for consideration on the sizing of the PCB.

pcie cards have a filler board taht makes the require mateing holes.... maybe idea like that so you dont have to make a full pcb.

IMG_4381.jpeg

Doesn’t have to be full size (though it’s very much a standard size for fight sticks at this point). Even adding a little bit to the left and aligning the holes with the 20pin would work. Here’s my wonderful illustration. That would allow it to drop right in an existing stick and use 2 of the existing mounting points. :D

IMG_4385.jpeg
IMG_4386.jpeg

Pretty solid! I swapped out my single usb pass through for a dual one. That gets usb power into the stick. Works great. Only complaint is the pcb footprint as described above. Now to go 10cc SDOJ!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FL99YL6

Last edited:
Following on from feedback from @ekorz - Toyoshim has adjusted the board and there's a new version (Revision 4) of the MP12-IONA-SB which takes the placement of the header into account.

I have a batch arriving next week for anyone who wants to order one! Drop me a PM.

IMG_4483.jpeg

The new board is a perfect fit. If you’re replacing a brooks board, ps360+, or any other pcb with that footprint, this revision drops right in and the screw holes match. Superb!

Back