What's new

bagheera369

Grand Master
Reaction score
@brizzo can we get an update on the status of this project?

If you're no longer working on it, will you allow it to revert back to @Apocalypse for completion?
Man...this is the second time you've called out, for Brizzo to either chime in, or hand the project over.....maybe its time for a little youtube video.....

XtraSmiley

Champion
Reaction score
@brizzo can we get an update on the status of this project?

If you're no longer working on it, will you allow it to revert back to @Apocalypse for completion?
Man...this is the second time you've called out, for Brizzo to either chime in, or hand the project over.....maybe its time for a little youtube video.....
LOL, I did? It's been so long, I forgot. Must have been awhile ago, but I'm definitely excited about this. I know @brizzo was really sick health wise, and delayed his Crystal System multi after taking payment for it for a long time. I never lost faith he would deliver (and he did!) and wouldn't sell my spot for that product, but, @Apocalypse was working on Irem multis and has delivered several products, and I'm sure he doesn't want to step on any toes, but if @brizzo is swamped, or still dealing with health, it might be time to throw this one back into the wild!

If not, no worries, we will continue wait!

brizzo

Staff member
Champion
Reaction score
Anyone is free to build whatever they want, there is no exclusive claim to being the first to design any said product.

My problem with designing multis is feature creep and wanting to make the best product with the features we all dream of. Sure, I could just whip up a basic eprom board that only plugs into only MT2 with dip switches to change games and call that 'gud-e-nuff'. But personally I want a better solution using new parts, updating via sd card, game selection on screen, with a full rom board replacement (which includes replacing a custom chip with fpga). I have already built a full scale prototype, has some bugs that need solving, not production ready. Maybe it will turn out that the basic version is what will be produced for the public, a lot less support and investment dollars to do that.

XtraSmiley

Champion
Reaction score
Thanks man, that update is awesome. I’m sure despite you offering others to work on it, those with the skill, wouldn’t step on your toes and your efforts, especially since you’re so far along.

For my two cents, this crowd would love a simple plug and play now, and we’ll double dip later with a fancier one. Much like the v1 and v2 of the System 16 multi.

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
But personally I want a better solution using new parts, updating via sd card, game selection on screen, with a full rom board replacement (which includes replacing a custom chip with fpga).
I like the way you think, Sir. Even if it takes 3x as long, I'd rather have a nicer end product.

Apocalypse

Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
Anyone is free to build whatever they want, there is no exclusive claim to being the first to design any said product
While having competition is often a good thing, in the niche market we are it's destructive IMO. I don't want to release a M92 multi which would be tied to one unique donor. And I don't want to RE the custom chip once again either. So I'm not working on it, you have plenty of time to figure out what you want to do.

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
If you implement onscreen game selection I'll fly to wherever you are and kiss you.

brizzo

Staff member
Champion
Reaction score
If you implement onscreen game selection I'll fly to wherever you are and kiss you.
Writing the code for the menu was done before the first hw prototype! It is basic but gets the job done for now. I disassembled and used code from GunForce2 to solve how to draw sprites on screen and use joystick inputs. Code assembled using YASM.

m92_menu.png

code_snip.PNG

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Plane ticket purchase impending.

Big smooch coming your way

If it matters, I'm quite fond of the idea of a deluxe multi. All the ideas you proposed resonated well with me, it's exactly how I'd implement it.

Brentradio

Champion
Reaction score
Hey Brizzo,

I would guess that most of us just wanted to hear that it's still moving forward and not "stuck in the limbo of life"...

As long as progress is being made, however slowly, we can all sleep at night a little easier.

So thank you for the update and the feature list!

This sounds awesome so keep up the great work to make it the best you can.

:D

Paul79

Student
Reaction score
Great project ,I’d Definitely be interested in one of these can I be added to the list for one .

RandomRetro

Professional
Reaction score
Think I forgot to put my interest down on this one.

+1 for me and menu support would be great!