What's new

srdqty

Beginner
Reaction score
Saw someone playing ninja baseball batman on twitch the other day. The other games look fun too. I'm interested.

klee123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d be keen for one too.....just need a motherboard.

So reading this thread, it seems the Gunforce 1 is not supported fo this?

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I’d be keen for one too.....just need a motherboard.

So reading this thread, it seems the Gunforce 1 is not supported fo this?
Nothing has been confirmed regarding this multi, the only thing known is that Gunforce 1 is missing chips? that the other boards have.

Depending on how the multi ends up being designed it could be a suitable donor still?

Best bet is to keep an eye out locally for a reasonably priced board set in the meantime :)

klee123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems Gunforce 1 is the only board in the realm of affordability lol.

Even Major title 2 is like 500AUD+ lol

Johnfan1986

Professional
Reaction score
would sell my baseball batman. bought it off yahoo. so not cheap :(
My opinion is that you can still keep your original baseball batman. And you should buy a donor board for the M92 multi.
My case is i also bought the original Dragon Spirit board and i bought the tank force as the Darksoft Namco System 1 multi.

MoppelTheWhale

Grand Master
Reaction score
Finally I got around to convert my MT2 board to Mystic Riders, until a multi arrives - I started the conversion in earnest in October, the MT2 has been lying around since summer, if i remember correctly.

First my Top3000 more or less died on me, then i could not get some EPROMs burned on my new Flashcat...

Well, i bit the bullet and ordered myself a new Batronixx programmer, which arrived yesterday.
Finally, I got all EPROMs programmed, the rest was a more or less a breeze, thanks to all the resources here on the forum (the main sources were the write-ups by @RealMFnG and @Psyko-M1.

Thanks to @Apocalypse for giving me the decrypted sound roms.

And last, but not least - a huge shoutout to @ShootTheCore - helped me a lot over the last few weeks by figuring out the Flashcat and giving me lots of general advice when it comes to EPROMs.

Thchardcore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to be added to the multi list for 1 x unit.

klee123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm may be able to source a motherboard, add me to the list as well please.

Psyko-M1

Champion
Reaction score
Finally I got around to convert my MT2 board to Mystic Riders, until a multi arrives - I started the conversion in earnest in October, the MT2 has been lying around since summer, if i remember correctly.

First my Top3000 more or less died on me, then i could not get some EPROMs burned on my new Flashcat...

Well, i bit the bullet and ordered myself a new Batronixx programmer, which arrived yesterday.
Finally, I got all EPROMs programmed, the rest was a more or less a breeze, thanks to all the resources here on the forum (the main sources were the write-ups by @RealMFnG and @Psyko-M1.

Thanks to @Apocalypse for giving me the decrypted sound roms.

And last, but not least - a huge shoutout to @ShootTheCore - helped me a lot over the last few weeks by figuring out the Flashcat and giving me lots of general advice when it comes to EPROMs.
M92 games are the raddest of the bunch. Look forward to the multi.
Hopefully the wait isnt that long.

PachinkoUK

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi there
Please add me to the list for x 1 m92 irem multi kit
I have a donor board ready
Kind regards Ryan

Glossectomy

Beginner
Reaction score
I guess that copy of Major Title 2 I was given from a craigslist purchase 6-7 years ago may actually get some use?

I'm definitely interested in one if/when it comes to fruition.

MoppelTheWhale

Grand Master
Reaction score
in the last two weeks i trying to programm some other games for the time until the multi arrives.

Ninja Besball Bat Man i got running with no problem (fun game :D), but wit the other two games i wasn't as successful.

My attempt with Lethal Thunder failed completely, Garbage screnn and i don't even get to the rom Check screen - the instructions i have said i have to programm h0/h1 on one eprom and l0/l1 on one eprom in the upper and lower register and i'm pretty sure i did that correctly - i also tried the four files on four M27c010, but that ended in a black screen... There are no Jumper settings listed in @ShootTheCore' thread, so i'm stuck.
Lethal Thunder Garbage.PNG

I got Undercover Cops Alpha Renewal almost completely running on my first try. Checks are OK, the beginning of the Intro is OK, when i coin up the Title Screen is OK.
When I press Start the Character selection looks funky (like sprite art correct,but coulours wrong), the Level "loading screen" has some garbage and when the gameplay starts the sprites look wrong (like colours wrong) - sound and gameplay seems OK.
I programmed a second set of the sprite roms, but this didn't help - jumpers i used @ShootTheCore's setting. i'm prettyy close with this one.

Perhaps someone has an idea what i'm doing wrong ?(

Apocalypse

Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
I got Undercover Cops Alpha Renewal almost completely running on my first try. Checks are OK, the beginning of the Intro is OK, when i coin up the Title Screen is OK.
When I press Start the Character selection looks funky (like sprite art correct,but coulours wrong), the Level "loading screen" has some garbage and when the gameplay starts the sprites look wrong (like colours wrong) - sound and gameplay seems OK.
Don't follow MAME names for sprite ROMs, C0/C1/C2/C3 are actually C3/C2/C1/C0.

MoppelTheWhale

Grand Master
Reaction score
Don't follow MAME names for sprite ROMs, C0/C1/C2/C3 are actually C3/C2/C1/C0.
C0 to C3 were correct, but thanks to your tip i reversed the order of 000 to 030 - now all is correct - thanks

How did that naming mixup happen anyway? i mean, the correct location for 000 is IC42 , and the file is named 030.ic36 - are there differently named lower boards for the M92 or what?

Are there other M92 games where the files are in reverse order? Ninja Baseball Bat Man and Mystic Riders were correct...

Apocalypse

Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
C0 to C3 were correct, but thanks to your tip i reversed the order of 000 to 030 - now all is correct - thanks

How did that naming mixup happen anyway? i mean, the correct location for 000 is IC42 , and the file is named 030.ic36 - are there differently named lower boards for the M92 or what?

Are there other M92 games where the files are in reverse order? Ninja Baseball Bat Man and Mystic Riders were correct...
Sorry my memory didn't serve me well on that one but I remembered sprite ROMs weren't named correctly in MAME and thought they were Cx instead of 0x0.
IC numbers might be different between M92 romboards but the socket numbers are identical.