What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
What are the must have games on the PGM, besides the Cave ones/conversions?
Or the top ranking games?

Demon Front
Killing Blade
Martial Masters
Oriental Legends
The Gladiator
Any of the KOVs

There is one Oriental Legends to get that is it's ultimate and final form. Oriental Legend Super Special. I am not a fan of the artwork in this game, reminds me of a 2002 new grounds flash game, but it's a long and detailed beat em up. It's cheap enough to have in the collection if you ever wanna try it out.

KOV I find confusing. There are many versions of the first game. Some very minor and some game changing. Minor could be artwork or added characters. One of them I think is up to 4 players? Someone somewhere had a list or video of all the differences. I picked the one with the better graphics but didn't have 4 player support I think. Can't remember the exact title.

The two beat em ups above are pretty cheap and very long games.

I think the rest of your list sums up the must gets for the system. Demon Front seems to be the hardest to acquire of the carts.

S Tier:
-DoDonPachi DaiOuJou
-DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label
-DoDonPachi II: Bee Storm
-Espgaluda
-Ketsui
-Ketsui Arrange

A Tier:
-Demon Front
-The Gladiator - Road of the Sword
-Martial Masters
-S.V.G. : Spectral vs Generation

B Tier:
-Knights Of Valour Plus
-Knights Of Valour Super Heroes Plus
-Knights Of Valour 2 Plus : Nine Dragons
-Oriental Legend Special Plus
-Puzzle Star
-Puzzli 2 Super

C Tier:
-Dragon World 2001
-Dragon World Pretty Chance
-The Killing Blade
-The Killing Blade Plus
-Knights Of Valour
-Knights Of Valour 2
-Knights Of Valour Super Heroes
-Oriental Legend
-Oriental Legend Special
-Photo Y2K
-Photo Y2K 2
-Puzzli 2

D Tier:
-Dragon World II
-Dragon World 3
-Dragon World 3 EX
-Happy 6-in-1

Should've been called the CGM (Cave Game Machine) because that's basically all it has going for it. ;)
The Halo-box (some called it the Microsoft Xbox) of the arcade world.

There's not too many eh? Once you've removed all the variants and 'plus' versions of the same game titles.

They've literally all been covered above. The cave carts and Demon Front are the stand-outs for me, with the side-scrolling and 1:1 fighters close after.
Beyond that I haven't really been sold on any puzzle titles on PGM.

Such a shame the platform never got any true cartoon platform titles, horizontal shooters like R-Type or Blazing Star (beyond the cave conversions), or racing games.
It surely had the power to do all of them.

All the KOV's are 4-players.

I do really enjoy the Dragon World and Photo YK2 games. They are fun even for non-gamers.

-DoDonPachi DaiOuJou
-DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label
-DoDonPachi II: Bee Storm
-Espgaluda
-Ketsui
-Ketsui Arrange
-Demon Front
-The Gladiator - Road of the Sword
-Martial Masters

+ maybe S.V.G. : Spectral vs Generation

B Tier:
-Knights Of Valour Plus
-Knights Of Valour Super Heroes Plus
-Knights Of Valour 2 Plus : Nine Dragons
-Oriental Legend Special Plus
-Puzzle Star
-Puzzli 2 Super

C Tier:
-Dragon World 2001
-Dragon World Pretty Chance
-The Killing Blade
-The Killing Blade Plus
-Knights Of Valour
-Knights Of Valour 2
-Knights Of Valour Super Heroes
-Oriental Legend
-Oriental Legend Special
-Photo Y2K
-Photo Y2K 2
-Puzzli 2

D Tier:
-Dragon World II
-Dragon World 3
-Dragon World 3 EX
-Happy 6-in-1

Last edited:
I know I'm still looking for reasonably priced carts for:
The Gladiator - Road of the Sword
Martial Masters
S.V.G. : Spectral vs Generation

@sheep_nova is your man for Gladiator and Martial Masters. The cheapest you’ll get ‘em.

SvG is really dumb. The PCB is really peanuts. Better to grab that in the meantime while waiting for a multi ;)

I've bought many things from him, the last few times I asked about those games he didn't have any, maybe worth asking again.

There’s been multiples of both on his eBay the past couple of months. Worth saving him and looking daily.

The gladiator looks to be awesome. Color me interested as well.

On the lookout for a reasonably priced Puzzli 2 Super and Puzzle Star.

I saw @Derick2k flaunting his duplicates on Instagram... you know what else I need

I saw @Derick2k flaunting his duplicates on Instagram... you know what else I need
I wouldnt call it flaunting :D , trying to see what I do with those. Maybe worth my time to polish up the shells and replace the bad labels and then sell the lot, or just sell them as is in one lot and call it a day. Probably have more carts to add to those, just dont have enough time to go through all the stuff at my storage.

I know I'm still looking for reasonably priced carts
Wasn't someone exploring a multi for PGM?
I never paid attention because I don't love Cave shooters... *snicker* ;)

Honestly my interest in such a thing is starting to change/peek with this tate VLX L-AMI.
bpluWTE.jpg

I know I'm still looking for reasonably priced carts for:
The Gladiator - Road of the Sword
Martial Masters
S.V.G. : Spectral vs Generation
I have a SVG full pcb kit, not cart though. If you're interested let me know.

If you can find a normal puzzli 2, it can be updated to Super with a rom swap. Conversion (upgrade) PGM Puzzli2 to Super

@GC8TECH might be able to hook you up. I can burn the upgrade rom if you don't have a rom burner.

If you can find a normal puzzli 2, it can be updated to Super with a rom swap. Conversion (upgrade) PGM Puzzli2 to Super
Oh....missed this, now I gotta try this rom swap upgrade. Did anyone ever try the dual version rom? I might go for that. Now need to order some 27C160s, think im out.

I really wish the Martial Masters I just bought worked. It's fairly hard to come by at a reasonable price now, and being able to boot the game and not be able to play it properly is just torture. If anyone has any ideas how to fix it, I'll be grateful.

Back