What's new

SteUST

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, I have a consolized MV-1C (OMVS with stereo mod) and this issue is driving me crazy: audio on Puzzle Bobble randomly crashes. The entire audio can go off, just the music or part of the music. The sound of the bubble usually keeps working. If I turn the boat off and on everything is back to normal and sometimes I can get to the end of the game with no issue, but most of the times it crashes at a random stage. I have tried MultiMVS and an original cart with no difference, and cleaned the slot multiple times. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Are you sure the game isn't fake? Clean the games and boards. Also, clear the backup ram after cleaning.

I’ve cleaned the game and cartridge slot, backup ram and it does the same even with the MultiMVS. I really don’t know what to think…

Very good video! My boards are identical to the ones on MVS scans, and I even tried the MultiMVS to troubleshoot the issue

I have tried MultiMVS and an original cart with no difference
To clarify when you say MultiMVS as well you mean when running puzzle bobble only? no other games cause similar symptoms?

To clarify when you say MultiMVS as well you mean when running puzzle bobble only? no other games cause similar symptoms?
I took some time to clean the slot with deoxit and try some other game. Puzzle Bobble still has random audio crashes, it could be in any level. I’ve also tried an original Samurai Shodown 2 cartridge that had graphic glitches at some point, a white vertical bar and a square with moving colors. That was random too and happened just once. I really don’t know what to do

To clarify, the SS2 cartridge usually works and is fully working now? The problem occurred just one time in the past?

I feel like there has been a bit of a breakdown in communication here as things still don't seem all that clear (to myself at least) and i'm certainly not trying to be obtuse or anything.
I took some time to clean the slot with deoxit and try some other game. Puzzle Bobble still has random audio crashes, it could be in any level. I’ve also tried an original Samurai Shodown 2 cartridge that had graphic glitches at some point, a white vertical bar and a square with moving colors. That was random too and happened just once. I really don’t know what to do
As per Neo-Alec's question was this happening before or after cleaning the slot? this is kinda muddying the waters a bit as we were talking about audio issues and now we have graphical issues with a completely different cart.

And to re-iterate a previous question of mine
Hi, I have a consolized MV-1C (OMVS with stereo mod) and this issue is driving me crazy: audio on Puzzle Bobble randomly crashes. The entire audio can go off, just the music or part of the music. The sound of the bubble usually keeps working. If I turn the boat off and on everything is back to normal and sometimes I can get to the end of the game with no issue, but most of the times it crashes at a random stage. I have tried MultiMVS and an original cart with no difference, and cleaned the slot multiple times. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
The way you wrote this suggests that you are having audio problems with Puzzle Bobble when using a physical Puzzle Bobble cart and when playing Puzzle Bobble using the MultiMVS, is that correct?
Here I was trying to establish whether or not the audio fault with the MultiMVS was linked explicitly to Puzzle Bobble or if other games on the multi were experiencing audio issues.

Sorry I haven’t been very clear and thanks for trying to help me troubleshooting. I started noticing the issue with an original Puzzle Bobble cartridge, so I have tried the same game on the MultiMVS and had the same result. So I have tried to clean the slot and nothing changed. Then last week I have tried SS2 original cartridge to see if other games had issues and I got the graphic issues once. I didn’t have issues with other games but I haven’t tested them as much as Puzzle Bobble, because this game gives me the issue constantly. I have also cleaned the backup ram

All good mate.

Yeah ok, the reason I asked about other games was to rule that game as the cause and identify if there is a hardware issue on the MV1c with the audio circuit (i.e the fault is consistent regardless of game).

Sounds like SS2 is fine. Just a typical one-time thing.

I guess I'm still inclined to think it's a dirty cart slot since you didn't report issues with other games. If there's a problem with the hardware on the MV-1C, I would expect other games to have issues.

Back