What's new

Flain

Student
Reaction score
Hi All, my MV-2FS started recently displaying some issues, see below. It's not the game cart as it happens no matter what cart i put in,. Does anyone have any hints as to what might be going wrong with my board?

neogeo1.jpg
neogeo2.jpg
neogeo3.jpg

Does cleaning the contacts on the multi, reseating it as well as the SD card fix the issue?

Does cleaning the contacts on the multi, reseating it as well as the SD card fix the issue?
I took the multi out and tried a 161in 1 cart and it has the same issue. I’ll try cleaning the slot and carts and give it a try.

Yes. Usually this corruption is a dirty slot. The fact it’s also happening with a 161-in-1 points to that. Let us know how ya’ go.

It's a problem with the C-ROM access. Either dirty/bad contact as said, or broken data line.

broken data line or worse case scenario - bad neo-257/neo-zmc2

This is also a symptom you will see if you have battery leakage as its right next to the C rom data lines.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got around to cleaning the slots, they both looked clean already (its a 2slot board, i cleaned the slots anyways) and the problem still happens regardless of which slot i use so i suspect it's one of the other problems suggested.

I'll have to see if there is any traces that look damaged? There also doesn't appear to be any leakage of the battery.

Back