What's new

cpasjuste

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi there !

First, sorry if this is the wrong section for this, i was not sure... I'm searching for some definitive answers about the stereo mod (and 5v mod) on a MV1B board. There is a lot of information about this mod around, but maybe too much as a lot of conflicting ones. Plus, a lot of them are very old...

For now, i think there is two main modifications available:
Now for the questions i have in my mind:
  • I did found some people saying the MKL mod is not needed at all on MV1B, is it true?
  • If i want to run the board with 5v only, do both stereo mods require the 5v mod?
  • If i want to run the board with 5v only, do i need to disable 12v in any way?
  • Will audio output via the jamma pins with this mods? I don't think so, but is it possible to do, maybe like this?
  • I'm unable to find pcb/gerbers sources for any of this mods so i can produce/build it myself, do you guys have some links?

Many thanks in advance for any help you could provide!
Cheers from cpasjuste.

Last edited:
JNX mod certainly doesn't need any additional 5v wired to it. Not sure about the MKL mod. You'll need the 5v to power your MVS motherboard however.
The motherboard audio section circuitry uses 12v. So you need to disable a trace to run the amp itself from a different voltage. Details here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?232491-MV1B-5v-only-and-Stereo-Mod-questions

Urg.. Jamma isn't stereo anyway so really, you're best taking off stereo output elsewhere for sanity. Somewhere down the line you or someone else could plug this into a jamma harness and play pop-goes-the-speakers.

Pretty sure I've seen MVS stereo mod PCBs pre-made for sale on all kinds of places from alibaba to etsy.

It won't output stereo through the jamma connector. Even if you wired the stereo signals to the jamma edge, it wouldn't work in a cab because it wouldn't be amplified.

You'd need to rig an external amplifier in your cab somehow if you wanted to use one of the mono-only 1-slot boards in stereo in a cab.

Back