What's new

alphagriz

Beginner
Reaction score
So I just got the Multi MVS last week and it's been great. Thanks Darksoft. Over the weekend I noticed there are some games that seem to exhibit sync issues at specific points and I'm trying to rule out if it's the 1F or my display.

I've got the 1F hooked up to my supergun, with RGB running into a JROK, component out into an OSSC and my LCD TV. Most games look flawless and play with no issues whatsoever. Some games cause the OSSC to blip and lose sync for a fraction of a second. The most obvious example is Pulstar - when the intro switches between the animation of the pilot running and the gameplay, desync always happens. Sometimes, even navigating the menu on the multi will cause the same desync. Yet, I can play Metal Slug, Windjammers, Garou, etc. all day long with no issues.

So far, I've tried it on multiple TVs/monitors both with the OSSC and direct with component and it happens on all of them.

The board has a fresh LIR2032. Checked voltages on the edge connector with a multimeter and get 4.98 and 12.02.

When the desync happens, RGB and sync on the edge connector still shows voltage on RGB and sync, so it appears there is still signal. Anything else on the board I should check?

Unfortunately, I don't have a CRT on hand to test with, which is why I am posting here. Do you play on a flat panel? Have you seen similar issues?

I did some more testing on this and I found that when I have menu animations enabled in the Multi MVS, I don't get any picture dropouts. Weird.

The dropouts still happen in the games though.

Hi, I had this issues on the AES and ossc, but rarely in game. Always in the menu it was dropping and black screen for some ms. With original games it never happened. I also tried with the framemeister xrgb and it happened as well but less frequently. I am wondering if it could not be an issue of csync with the scart.
Now I am on MVS (MV1FS) as well but so far I don’t these issues . I only have some unexpected reboot of the games.

Hi, I had this issues on the AES and ossc, but rarely in game. Always in the menu it was dropping and black screen for some ms. With original games it never happened. I also tried with the framemeister xrgb and it happened as well but less frequently. I am wondering if it could not be an issue of csync with the scart.
Now I am on MVS (MV1FS) as well but so far I don’t these issues . I only have some unexpected reboot of the games.

Thanks. I did some chatting with @KOarcade and we narrowed it down to the JROK not liking the sync out of the 1F. He ran his board through the same setup and got the same dropouts I did, but it works fine when going through SCART to the OSSC directly.

I haven't seen any reboots on games, but Super Dodge Ball crashes on me if I let the intro run.

I have some issue on the top screen with this mvs model on NNC toshiba, if some one now how to fix it? I tried DFO dont run:

img_2421.jpg

That looks like just a problem with the TV. Does it only happen with the Neo Geo?

only with mvs & shinobi 16B. CPS1, 2 or 3 nothing. 31 khz runs well too.

That's some fascinating stuff right there.

I switched my setup to go straight RGB from the board over SCART into the OSSC and I don't get any more desync issues with the game. 👍
Thank you for the update

Back