What's new

CMYKhazi-Dan

Student
Reaction score
As mentioned in my other post I received a Puzzle Bobble cart as part of a job lot purchase and I'm sure this is a bootleg as you will see why in the pics below.
I tried searching for a thread here on bootlegs but couldn't find anything – does one exist?
Anyway, would somebody be kind enough to confirm this as a boot as the seller says he is "Very surprised at the dodgy cartridge as they would all have come from the same supplier."

Ha ha!

PB-001.jpg
PB-002.jpg
PB-003.jpg
PB-005.jpg
PB-007.jpg

The EPROMs with a window are a dead giveaway. Originals will be Mask ROMs. There’s lots of bootleg MVS out there.
Unscrewing the thing was a dead giveaway as the screws were black and two short, two long – ha ha!

Just needed confirmation – I looked the boards up on MVS Scans. The other two in the purchase were legit.

Pretty sure a Puzzle Bobble with all mask roms doesn’t exist, Would love to see a pic of one.
I haven't personally seen one either, all mine have had at least one EPROM among the mask roms.

OP, You look to have a boot, but IMO more accurately a conversion, given it's on SNK PCBs. If you didn't pay a lot for it and it plays fine I honestly wouldn't sweat it much.

I haven't personally seen one either, all mine have had at least one EPROM among the mask roms.

OP, You look to have a boot, but IMO more accurately a conversion, given it's on SNK PCBs. If you didn't pay a lot for it and it plays fine I honestly wouldn't sweat it much.
Yeah, doesn't bother me it's a boot – was kinda expecting it. I'm sure I read a while back that Puzzle Bobble is one of the most bootlegged MVS carts out there. Happy that the Metal Slug cart was legit :)

Pretty sure a Puzzle Bobble with all mask roms doesn’t exist, Would love to see a pic of one.

Mine has all mask roms, I think I even have two of them.

My carts are all packed up right now but will snag a pic in a few weeks.

Haha interesting Niko there was once a huge thread on Neo-Geo.com and no one ever found one, of course I could have remembered wrong.

Back