What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
You probabily have this kind of adhesive foam on your speakers mini box. It's a kind of ''crunchy cake'' type of foam which memorize/fits the shape of the speaker mini box.
The replacement foam I have takes off due to the pressure (pic 3) but this one is stable and free of pressure, it do not rebounds when insering the foam inside the small remaining area (B).

First I've try two types of adhesive foams. The 1st one was too dense (pic 4). Then the 2nd (pic 3, 5) is too soft (it looks like chocolate mousse). Both takes off anyway, one more, the other less.

I still don't find the correct foam used for this which seems to be a clever alternative that I'd like to use too. I suppose this foam is maybe used to isolate the vibrations caused by the sound to which the mini box could be subjected...

What's your opinion ? Do you know which type of foam is basicaly used on this ?

Attachments

• DSCN9024.JPG
    DSCN9024.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20210221-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20210221-WA0000.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN8898.JPG
    DSCN8898.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN0043 - Copie.JPG
    DSCN0043 - Copie.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 24
I don't know but I used the foam on your last picture (the soft one,less dense) and never looked back, and left it alone. Seemed to work good to me.

Have you considered the foam is 30 years old and due to aging it's lost its elastic qualities?

It was my first thought but that consideration do not explains why the original foam type did not takes off at all aafter all these years due to the pressure. That's why it should be another type of foam.

Back