What's new
J

jassin000

Anyone sucessfully tested one of these type adapters with 2*6 and a modern SATA disc drive?
00m0m_FdiWz6rsbOz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

I figured it WOULDN'T work... *shrug* :huh:

The problem is that there are different types of connections made over "IDE".

the 2x6 requires ATAPI commands, which are those commands used specifically to communicate with Disc based media.

most "IDE to X" adapters are simulating a Hard Drive, but the 2x6 requires a proper ODE to actually function for most games. This is why electric_monk's device is so novel. To my knowledge there is only one other device ever made that emulates an IDE Disc drive and accepts ATAPI commands and it was essentially vaporware; never available to the public.

this IDE to SATA adapter might work for HDD based 2x6 games though.... but you're probably not interested in any of those.

but you're probably not interested in any of those
Not really no, I mean unless I got a 2nd system exclusively for them (at this time I'm more interested in getting into ZN1/ZN2/GNET).

Honestly I was more interested if it would work just so I could upgrade to something modern (cuz I'm crazy like that).
You know without spending 200$ on the one ODE that works.

I swapped/dropped this in two weeks ago...
CNkQDyl.png

Brand-new/sealed drive from (the now distant) 2005, it supports all 2*6 games perfectly and cost me 20$ including shipping. :whistling: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviving old thread. I was wondering if anyone has used a IDE to SATA for hard drive games, taiko specifically. Secondly, would it matter if I put in a SSD versus HHD if this works. My guess was no because of the speed from the motherboard.

IDE硬盘和IDE DVD光驱在二手市场已经是白菜价格,很便宜了,不建议更换成SSD固态硬盘,如果实在喜欢折腾,可以考虑ODE模拟器或者你玩硬盘游戏,可以使用硬盘分支切换,6个硬盘使用六进一出足以满足你

IDE硬盘和IDE DVD光驱在二手市场已经是白菜价格,很便宜了,不建议更换成SSD固态硬盘,如果实在喜欢折腾,可以考虑ODE模拟器或者你玩硬盘游戏,可以使用硬盘分支切换,6个硬盘使用六进一出足以满足你
Yeah I agree with trying to keep ide drives but would using a IDE to SATA adaptor cause any real harm? Obviously I do not want to harm my namco hardware. I have some spare ssd and wanted to use those if possible.

Back