What's new

mathewbeall

Grand Master
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten this to work on their 246 setup?

I keep getting a dialogue about "Setup CD Location".

Matt

Franco23444

Professional
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten this to work on their 246 setup?

I keep getting a dialogue about "Setup CD Location".

Matt
Yes, I have gotten this game to work on both my 246 B and C units. The thing is that this game is also dvd/CD drive specific. The rule is that if it can run tekken 4, that dvd drive should work. I know that you are probably using the ODE but it should work. I’m not sure if the ODE has CD support,but it should.

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I would have tested Bloody Roar on a 246B, it only runs in 15Khz mode

if you're testing on disc it will need to be on CD media.

As for the ODE I seem to recall that CD and DVD images needed to be setup slightly different (maybe CD were Bin/Cue? I forget), I'd recommend using my .bat file extract script to convert from chd to an ODE format as that will ensure you're using the same parameters that I used.

mathewbeall

Grand Master
Reaction score
I am testing it on a 246C unit, with a CDROM that Tekken4 works on. 15khz, I still get the "Setup CD Location File" screen after the initial NAMCO screen.

I get the same thing on the ODE (which is why I was trying a burned CD, just to see if it was the ODE).

the script creates a toc/bin file.

I will grab my non C version of a 246 and see if that is the issue and report back.

Matt

Franco23444

Professional
Reaction score
I am testing it on a 246C unit, with a CDROM that Tekken4 works on. 15khz, I still get the "Setup CD Location File" screen after the initial NAMCO screen.

I get the same thing on the ODE (which is why I was trying a burned CD, just to see if it was the ODE).

the script creates a toc/bin file.

I will grab my non C version of a 246 and see if that is the issue and report back.

Matt
probably your dvd drive doesn’t have good CD compatibility or is missing? I have gotten the game to work with various dvd/CD drives I have.
Here is a video on how the game should boot up. I am using a burned CD and the multi dongle to play this game. Sorry if I’m spamming my videos but my video does have the boot sequence:
View: https://youtu.be/Qtq_5_SeI34

mathewbeall

Grand Master
Reaction score
246B - same behaviour... I am guessing my CD image is wrong - even though I am using smokemonsters pack, and the script to convert it...

It just stops at the Setup CD Location part.

Matt

Franco23444

Professional
Reaction score
246B - same behaviour... I am guessing my CD image is wrong - even though I am using smokemonsters pack, and the script to convert it...

It just stops at the Setup CD Location part.

Matt
Try a different disc drive?

mathewbeall

Grand Master
Reaction score
With the ODE I have played Smash Court - which is a CD on my 246C - so I know that works. If you want I can try to burn that and try it on my 246B.

mathewbeall

Grand Master
Reaction score
Try a different disc drive?

I can - but this drive plays Tekken4 - just confirmed. Is BR3 more particular with the drive? I really just want it to work with the ODE - so was trying to figure out if anyone else has gotten it work with the ODE.

Matt

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Tekken 4 is a DVD game so it's not a valid test for CD compatibility. it's only a valid test for ATAPI compatibility.

Franco23444

Professional
Reaction score
That’s weird, it might be a bad disc file, I do have one that I have converted and works fine.