What's new

jammajunk

Student
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm looking for some guidance as I'm going to try to make my own Namco 245 kick-harness.

I'm trying to find information on the type of connector used for the Namco 246 kick-harness. This site mentions that the the type of connector is a 10 pin AMP EI. Digging online, I managed to find that ArcadePartsandRepair is selling what seems to be the right connector.

https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.co...0-pin-amp-ei-series-connector-housing-cj1005/

I *think* I've found the same connector on digikey

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/...BsDOBTANCAPZQDa4A7CALoC+thATGeDGBWHI4zAAw20gA

At least, it looks very similar..

And for the Crim Socket Pins, ArcadeParts is selling these which I *THINK* should do the job:
https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.co...i-crimp-socket-pins-20-26-awg-10-pack-cj1003/

which I think is the same thing here:
https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/170262-2/744751

Are these the right parts?

Yep, those are the correct parts :) do you need the pin outs as well?

Yep, those are the correct parts :) do you need the pin outs as well?

Thank you for the quick reply!

For reference if anyone else comes looking for the info: This is what I have found online:

10 pin AMP EI pinout
1GND
2NC
3P1 Button 4
4P1 Button 5
5P1 Button 6
6NC
7P1 Button 4
8P1 Button 5
9P1 Button 6
10GND

I'm trying to find information on the type of connector used for the Namco 246 kick-harness
I'm no 2*6 expert or anything (and its my only Namco system) but its JVS (ie it has no kick-harness).?(

I'm no 2*6 expert or anything (and its my only Namco system) but its JVS (ie it has no kick-harness).?(
I’m pretty sure he’s using the Namco I/0 board :) but yes, if you don’t want to deal with a kick harness, a JVS sega or Capcom board will work and won’t require the kick harness.

I just use a Naomi Capcom IO board with my 2x6 systems. I have a Namco IO board, but I prefer USB over the ribbon cable it uses. The Naomi Capcom IO board is plug and play compatible, just hook up the VGA, USB and audio cables and you're good to go. It has a standard CPS2/3 kick harness.

Disclaimer: There may be some games, that look for the Namco board... not really sure.

with all the fighting 2x6 games that I have in my collection, any JVS board is fine. A dirty secret of mine is that I use my time crisis 3 gun pcb ( which is a JVS board) and plug it into my systems and use a PlayStation controller to play my games (the ones that are controller compatible) :)
In other words, the system is JVS compatible.

I’m pretty sure he’s using the Namco I/0 board :)
Then please everyone use the correct terminology, language matters.
The Namco IO isn't not exclusive to the System 2*6, its merely a JVS to JAMMA adapter.
Same go's for this... Yes its often found in Naomi setups, but nothing about the Capcom IO is exclusive to the Naomi system.
Its a JVS to JAMMA adapter and works with ANY JVS based system.

I just use a Naomi Capcom IO board with my 2x6 systems. I have a Namco IO board, but I prefer USB over the ribbon cable it uses. The Naomi Capcom IO board is plug and play compatible, just hook up the VGA, USB and audio cables and you're good to go. It has a standard CPS2/3 kick harness.

Disclaimer: There may be some games, that look for the Namco board... not really sure.

Thanks for the info. I have a couple of capcom IO boards and I'm in the middle of building a new JAMMA cabinet for my gameroom. Being able to use the Capcom IO to use both the System 245 and Namco 246 with the same I/O board is pretty cool. I'm gonna be able to keep my cps2 kick-harness wired.

I had found posts online about people using the Capcom I/O but I had no idea that you would simply use the USB cable to power the entire thing. I was thinking I was probably missing a cable or something similar to use the capcom on the namco 246.

I managed to build a working harness with the infos and the parts I was talking in my original post.

Great thread, people. Thanks for the infos, and hopefully this thread will help other travellers!

Back