What's new

hatmoose

Champion
Reaction score
Hi Everyone;.

I've been chipping away restoring my Namco Exceleena "big blue"
restoration https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/namco-exceleena-1-2-cabinets.13302/page-5#post-311176
completed manual translation https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...slation-into-english.20334/page-2#post-314392

At some point the stock 100 Yen sticker was removed and replaced, and since then the replacement sticker has been scratched to bits

So clearly the sensible thing to do was redraw it from photos I found on the internet. For this I used a FOSS clone of photoshop called Krita
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 9.28.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-24 at 9.28.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-24 at 9.28.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-24 at 9.27.39 PM.png

I changed the colours a bit to match the "vivid green" of a Sanwa JLF ball-top, and "Sunshine yellow" of the Sanwa buttons.

Have attached the resulting .jpeg if you want to have a go printing.
The .kra file with all the layers is too large to attach, please let me know if you want it and I'll email or whatever.

I'm about 99% sure that the size is right, but you might want to do some test prints before running a whole bunch off on top quality mica fleck stock:)

Attachments

• NAMCO remake complete.jpg.zip
    639.9 KB · Views: 70
If the old one was stock I would save it, but it's a replacement already, and it looks like a dogs breakfast - ill stick the new one over the top just in case I ever change my mind
IMG_3939.jpeg

Pretty happy with the size and colour of the redrawn one, now just need a printer that will print them really nicely - this is harder than you might expect in New Zealand - edit, actually now that I look I think the pink in the 100 yen needs more "zing". Might see if I can get a better match from that big block of pink at the bottom of the control panel...
IMG_3940.jpeg

Your colors will prob pop more on the final print if you do a plastic sticker or even a coated stock of any kind, the ver you printed out on uncoated printer paper will make the colors sink in and not look like what you want. Also if you adjust your file so it looks good when printing from your printer at home, then have it printed for real it's guna look diff.

my recommendation is to send it to a copy shop like FedEx kinkos , and have them print a few color options on a 8.5x11 sheet of coated paper. That will prob be a better indicator of what a printed sticker will end up looking like for at-home proofing.

one of the joys of living on a tiny island in the middle of nowhere is this idea of a "natural monopoly".
Normally we get one "meh, its good enough" incumbent and then all competition and innovation stops. I still try to support local wherever I can - but finding a local company that would actually print these took ages.

Edge line = cutline. Sounds easy right? Anyhoo, I think ive managed to trick the local sticker printer into printing these the way I want. Will know for sure in only 14 working days

While I appreciate any and all repo work, I do like the look of the current repo you have installed. Where'd you get that one?

Agree; I quite like the look of it too, if it wasn't so battered I would have just left it be. As for where it came from, no idea - there are bajillions of generic "100 Yen" stickers around that are all very similar, never seen one identical before tho.

Back