What's new

Chelnov

Professional
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm about to get my Namco system 1 Multi and I have a couple of questions as I try to clean and restore the PCB.

-There are small screws and bolts (about 1/12' in diameter and about 1 inch long) used to keep the ROM and CPU boards secure, I have seen these screws in other PCBs as well... Anyone has a link of where I can find these screw/bolt sets? I have Several missing.

-Anyone know of a place that sells a Cap kit for the system 1? or a list of caps values?

-And finally. I would really appreciate it if someone can PM me about how to create the merge romset for the system 1?

Thanks everyone!

I recently repaired a PacMania pcb and refreshed all the bolts and washers. I'll see if I can dig out my parts listed for the items used.

I recently repaired a PacMania pcb and refreshed all the bolts and washers. I'll see if I can dig out my parts listed for the items used.
Thanks! that would be awesome! I can't find them on any hardware store :(

OK here's what I used - my PCB is a vanilla Pac-Mania, modded only to change region and add high-score saving using the excellent RomPatcher utility:

- 6x M2.5 x25mm pan-head machine screws -here
- 6x M2.5 full nuts -here
- 6x M3 fibre flat sealing washers (to protect the pcb) -here

In all honest I likely have spares in my stash and could send you just the amount you need cheaper than you requiring to buy multiple bags of these things.

bolt3.jpg

bolt1.jpg

bolt2.jpg

And the old sh***ty bolts which were a mix of random anything really:
bolts_old.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Flinnster!! I'll buy them myself but thanks for the offer. There is a bunch of PCBs that have daughter's boards with these type of screws!, My Robocop also needs them and probably a few more boards as well. I rather have extra just in case.

but man you saved my OCD life ^^^^.. I want to get some that are longer than one inch so I can also connect the multi board to the other boards.

You'll find typically PCB bolts are either M2.5 or M3 to fit the PCB holes in whatever lengths that were required to separate the PCBs. I often using bearing spacers of various lengths around the bolts so I can choose how far PCBs sit apart from eachother - especially when replacing horrible weak plastic pcb standoffs.

While tidying up boardsets I've artificially spaced out some with longer bolts and bearing spacers (for instance where there are weak fin packages or components running hot on a lower PCB) or compressed bulky boardsets down with shorter ones. My Bubble Bobble is now a nifty half height one ^^

I would die to get a bubble bobble but the prices are just up there at least the game is in Mister. I can't wait for the mistercade to be released and buy a couple of them.

yeah i just bough the screws and nuts, the next step is to make the plexiglass case ^^ ^^^^

Mine's a reduxed bootleg. I can tippex on a Taito logo and double the value! :P

Back