What's new

TheDeath

Professional
Reaction score
Hey Guys, do any of you have some knowledge about the Time Crisis 2 system 23?
My unit had a broken chassis and i was finally able to repair it after few years of leaving it as it was.
It was working with no issues, but now all i got is a white screen, looks like is not booting properly. This unit was off for 5-6 years i think

I've take a look inside, i have found that the original power supply has 5V adj that goes from 5.30 to 5.50 (maybe this is a power hungry unit, much like system 246. Tried both voltage range but still nothing), leds on mobo are lighting up, then fade away once by once. I noticed a battery (2032) but was fully charged (3.2V)
During this, the monitor came up black, then it went blue and then white with no further changes..

Unfortunatly i cannot put the pcb on the bench since this is not jamma, also i think this game is 25khz only (chassis is 15/25Automatic)

Hopefully some of you know something about this one.

The PSU in mine is just awful. The wiring is equally awful. It looks so bad I have a hard time believing it is stock and not the work of some op.

I would definitely double check the PSU. Should be pretty easy to rewire.

The PSU in mine is just awful. The wiring is equally awful. It looks so bad I have a hard time believing it is stock and not the work of some op.

I would definitely double check the PSU. Should be pretty easy to rewire.
Yeah... was expecting about.. it only requires GND +5 and +12, but i was not lucky, still got the same damn white screen..
This Psu was basically a reworked atx.. they joined PS_ON with ground and rewired the cables with the namco harness.

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I've just received a System 23 that boots to a white screen as well.

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I've just received a System 23 that boots to a white screen as well.
Unfortunatly no :( i had to buy a working one. I don't remember if i tryed to skip the boot sequence by pulling up dip2 and was showing graphical errors or whatelse, anyway no, i didn't fix it

I’ve been playing with it a bit and managed to get it to boot properly by replacing the CR2032 battery.
I believe DIP 2 just skips the initial ram test, and if that fails it doesn’t run the screen at all.

Edit:

Ah no you are right, DIP 2 seems to skip the entire start up test.
With that it boots with graphics issues - mine are caused by lots of pins lifted on the connector for the larger rom board. When I press down on them it comes in and out and eventually reboots.

Last edited:
Back