What's new

mR_CaESaR

Champion
Reaction score
I have a perfectly good working Naomi 1 and Naomi 2 setup on my NNC. Working as a net dimm, compact flash and cartridge setup. 5v and 3.3v is dialled perfectly on the sun psu.

Here's the situation on this particular Naomi

- Virtua Tennis Cart works perfectly fine, MVC2 carts don't work (freezes at "loading game 31k")

- NetDimm doesn't work and CF Dimm doesn't work (error 01, game board is accepted by main board)

- I've also tried decasing the Naomi and cart and used the bottom connector (on the decased Naomi) and to connector (on the decased cart) and it's still the same behaviour..

- changed to 15k mode still the same behaviour

- changed maple bus board and still shows the same behaviour

- RAM tests out all good, updated with the latest BIOS still the same behaviour

Has anybody come across this type of behaviour with their Naomi? I think I've tried everything that I can think of, but I'm open for any other suggestions?

TIA

Yeah I thought maybe corrosion on the jvs power connectors which is why I swapped the maple bus board from a known working Naomi. Unfortunately it was still the same.

Voltage reads perfectly.

I didn't see any corrosion but I'll do another visual inspection on the board.

Ok I thought that's what you meant about changing things around but wasn't sure. Just to confirm: you checked voltages on the power supply connector then again inside the Naomi on the ICs? And your other Naomi runs fine on this power supply?

Not inside the Naomi on the ics..not really sure where to check.

Other naomis and Naomi 2 works perfectly fine. It's the nnc, so it's 100% designed for it, if it was finicky like on my blast I would understand, but the nnc is a beast for naomis.

The mind boggling part is virtua tennis works 100% in 31khz,no freezing, no glitching - I've played through the game and had it on attract for over an hour.

Your symptoms sound like a recent problem I had with my Blast City so that's why I'm thinking voltage may be a problem. I was getting low voltage due to dirty/poor connections even though I thought I had cleaned everything thoroughly.

And I just happened to do my Naomi voltage checks yesterday for my old net city. I don't know what chips are the proper ones to check. I checked several. Some were 3.3v and some were 5v.

View: https://youtu.be/0nKxH8gQg5o

Back