What's new

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
Tried to make a close replica of the original plastic feet.

My first attempt at printing them was a bust, when one of the supports came off. I stopped printing them midway. I'll try again tomorrow.

naomi_feet.jpg

Attachments

• naomi_feet.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 125
I’ll try to print it tonight! On an unrelated note do you know what size/thread screw goes into the naomi for the mount?

naomi_feet_screw.jpg

Thread length 9.5mm
Thread diameter 4mm
Thread pitch around 1.4mm, maybe?

Last edited:
This post had very good timing for me as I was quite literally looking for this this morning and here it is.

Technically, it's not M4, as it isn't part of the ISO metric screw thread standard. If you look up coarse thread M4, you get a pitch of 0.7mm. The above screw has a pitch that's double that.

I think they're referred to as self tapping truss head screws in the manual.

I see, this going to make for an interesting trip to the hardware store. Is there a standard size replacement you’d recommend?

didnt sega dump the plastic feet and switch to steel plate? i'm sure i had a pair somewhere.

I have both. I think the steel ones are the original ones as all my Naomi 2s came with plastic feet.

maybe, i think my plastic ones were blue.
they were cracked though, the steels are much better

Yep, the #6 x 1/2 machine screws did the trick. I got a pack at Home Depot, I think it was these. They go right into the plastic, the threads must have been created by the original self-tapping screws. I didn't have to force them in at all, and they hold up well. If anyone's looking for replacements in the future, these should work as long as the holes in the Naomi were threaded by the original screws.

Back