What's new

war3zlod3r

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve recently bought an Impress and old Astro City I’m waiting for delivery on. And wondering what I’m going to need to install my Netboot Naomi in them, I have a Capcom IO board but I know from testing in my Blast that the Capcom IO board can’t support the netdimm but I have the JVS power connectors on the loom in the blast for this. Do they make JVS power looms for these cabinets? Power adapters for the PSU? What kind of options do I have?

For the Astro you could look for a NVS-4000-01 PSU and the Sega JVS to Jamma IO. With those the Naomi is plug and play.
So doing some shopping around all I could find was a guy on eBay selling one for $175 which seemed a bit high to me, you do have any suggestions on places I could find one for sale?

No, sorry. Take note that they are extremely heavy, so if you're buying abroad, whatever you save on initial purchase price, you might lose on shipping.

Make a WTB thread here, maybe someone here has an extra.

Would it be possible to install a second PSU I have several ATX PSUs and ATX to NAOMI converters? Just not entirely sure how I’d bring AC to the input side of the ATX

Sure, you could use a different PSU too. If you're using the original PSU and an ATX PSU at the same time, remember to tie the grounds together.

There's a terminal block for AC at the back of the Astro. It's on the removable back cover. Cut the end of a power cord or extension and crimp some ring or fork terminals on the wires.

My Naomi doesn't play nice with my Astro City's MS8 monitor. The 480i 15hz is pretty flickery, I'm not sure if your situation will be the same (if your Astro has an MS8 in it.) It looks decent on an MS9 and other monitors though. But, it really shines on a 31hz 480p monitor.

yea I wish my 2933 in my blast city wasn't so wonky, but it has convergence, geometery issues that annoy me, yea my Astro has a MS8 :(

Back