What's new

davidcoolman

Student
Reaction score
Hello there.
Any plans for a VMU holder/reader included in a Naomi bezel? idealy with a springed dust cover when not used.
after that the challenge would be finding the matching brownish - sunfaded coloured material:D
cheers

0-ngg0dyn-320x240x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.jpg

You could always do what this guy did and just cut a hole ;)

Yeah sure doin' a hole would do the trick bit still have to mount the connector somehow beneath.
I dont think thats overly complicated to design for some1 with reasonable 3D modeling skills and that would benefit to others thats why i was asking...
plus i dont like permanent mods :P

I have the Naomi Maple Bus adapter for my Naomi, was there a standalone option for the VMU's only?

There were official VMU ports for the Net City , they were mounted in a different way than the one in the picture above

VMU_door.jpg

A friend of mine has a set and has told me many times over the last few years that he'd love to send one to me so I could make a 3D model for it... but it hasn't happened yet.

But yeah... if someone has the official port adapter and wants to let me borrow it, I'll model it. Similarly if someone has one they'd be willing to sell, I'll buy it and model it.

Last edited:
There were official VMU ports for the Net City , they were mounted in a different way than the one in the picture above

VMU_door.jpg

A friend of mine has a set and has told me many times over the last few years that he'd love to send one to me so I could make a 3D model for it... but it hasn't happened yet.

But yeah... if someone has the official port adapter and wants to let me borrow it, I'll model it.

That one looks cool, tho. As I'd use it on a OK baby cabinet, I'd have to cut a hole on the CP to adapt it, right above the 2 start buttons.

9595670D-2294-48D0-B1DB-20965EB931AA.jpg

A few games had unlockables on Dreamcast that you could access by inserting the VMU into a Naomi based arcade machine.
I'm pretty sure someone put together a (short) list of the games which supported this feature (maybe 4~5 in total or something).

The games with VMU support are sort-of listed here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/naomi-net-boot-bios-and-i-o-board-compatibility-chart.884/

technically speaking anything that supports a DC controller by extension also supports VMUs, whether it can also make use of the data on there is another matter.

off the top of my head the games that used VMU data...
-Giant Gram 2
-Giant Gram 3
-F355 Challenge
-Virtual On OT

givent hat VOOT and F355 had specialized cabs with the VMU port that would maybe make these factory ports specific to Giant Gram?

VMU_door.jpg

But yeah... if someone has the official port adapter and wants to let me borrow it, I'll model it. Similarly if someone has one they'd be willing to sell, I'll buy it and model it.

IF YOU MODEL THAT PLEASE LET ME HAVE THE STL FILES I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED
Sorry for allcaps, both of those things on my 5.66 cab are turbo broken :P

I have the outside bezel/pcb holder part in decent/good shape that I can mail you, but the flaps are not present.

Externally, the Virtual-on OT VMU port looks like it could very well be the same assembly as used on the Net City as pictured.
I'm absolutely tickled by the idea that I might be able to help with this. Let me pop a VMU dock out later this week and see if it fits in my NNC.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Attachments

• F355_VMU_rear.jpg
    F355_VMU_rear.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 431
Hi! :)

is there any way someone could make a support version for a Sega Dreamcast Fight Stick PCB ?
it is a longer pcb in terms of dimension.

20210709_193842.jpg

Still no donor for the flaps on the back side and the spring ? ;(

Thank you:thumbup:

Last edited:
@Ringo that looks exactly like the part on my 5.66 cab, which makes sense. They're the same type of cabinet.

Back