What's new

Slipspace_88

Student
Reaction score
Hey arcade family,
I’ve been rocking with my HAS supergun for my 3rd Strike setup, and things are smooth. I finally received my AxunWorks supergun and I am having a hard time getting my OSSC to sync with the output from AxunWorks (8 Pin Neo-Geo). It briefly gets a sync but the frequency is not correct and it loses the sync. I’m using a Neo-Geo to Scart cable from Retro Gaming Cables, which is compatible with OSSCs and is the same pinout used by AxunWorks. I’ve also tried setting my OSSC to CPS3 settings and also Neo-Geo settings but still no dice. HAS works great, but the clean-ness of AxunWorks product would be great having a power supply and supergun in a single housing. Anyone that has tackled this, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Is the Sync light on the OSSC lit up red or green?

If it's green then the OSSC has established a sync lock and it's your display that isn't happy - try changing the LineX mode in Output Options to lower values - I've found my displays are generally more compatible with Line2X or Line4X than Line3X or Line5X.

If the Sync light on the OSSC is lit up red then the OSSC isn't able to latch onto the sync signal coming out of the AxunWorks. The HAS automatically regenerates Sync for compatibility, while the AxunWorks has two Correction dials that let you manually adjust the horizontal and vertical phase delay. Start with both of them set to Center, then try slowly adjusting each pot - if you're lucky, the sync light on the OSSC will turn Green with the right adjustments.

If you're unable to get a Green sync light out of the AxunWorks with the Correction dials, ditch the SCART and use a VGA connection between the AxunWorks VGA Out port and OSSC instead. SCART combines the horizontal and sync signals into one line while VGA leaves them on seperate lines - the OSSC has an easier time locking onto non-standard sync signals when they're left separate.

Yea my OSSC is red and will only flash green for a second. Ahh ok I’ll try to tweak the correction dials on Axunworks first, but it sounds like VGA may be the only way. Thanks for the help!

Back