What's new

XeD

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a KI that has a blown video ground most likely from pluging into a monitor with isolation. Can anyone take a clear picture of the video ground section by the jamma edge

Around there

Attachments

• 20210813_234733~2.jpg
    20210813_234733~2.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 82
I have the exact same issue on a KI board I just got in... here are my pics if it helps. I'm looking for someone I could send board to for repair.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 93
@ekorz Thank you that helps a lot. When the inductor blew it took the via with it. I had to use the one on the back. Time to get a dom to finish the upgrade and repair. This is been sitting in my queue for a few years

I never even knew about that media format. Weird that you couldn't get it to work with area51

I never even knew about that media format. Weird that you couldn't get it to work with area51

SSD worked for A51s4 though. many other HDD games like the first A51 have CF replacements via ide adapters. It does seem hit and miss though as to what works where. I got a similar DOM to work on wargods (as well as some ssds). I think certain specs/commands are available on different media and interfaces and those things changed over the years.

Did you/can you get the DOMs to work with original boot ROMs?

Ive got 6 x KI boards and would buy one for each in a heartbeat if they did!

@DRAGONKZ it’s potentially similar to how we got Wargods working, see link above, where you specify the drive size exactly with SETMAX. but with KI you can just use the AnyIDE boot rom and any drive/dom works so I doubt anyone is motivated to test it. I’m 95% sure it would work, arcadecup pulled it off a while ago and sold out, but he never confirmed the method. Looking for the link… here https://forums.arcade-museum.com/th...t-cf-direct-drop-in-vertical-standing.436383/

finding modules compatible with the SETMAX command is a PITA

Last edited:
Back