What's new

f1xx0rz

Beginner
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with the Digital Loggers IoT Relay 2? From my research (see the "PC USB Power Connection Example" section about half way down the page), I can plug my PC into the "Always ON" outlet then plug a USB cable into my PC with the other end of the USB cable connected to the relay. With that setup, when I power on the PC, it should trigger the relay to also turn on anything plugged into the "Normally OFF" outlets.

Unfortunately, every single USB port (rear and header) are powered when the computer is Shut Down. I'm positive it's not in Sleep or Hibernate. I'm running Windows 7. From my research, many people have suggested that unchecking the "Turn on fast startup" under Power Management in Control Panel will fix the problem. I've followed several different directions to find this setting but cannot. I've also gone through my motherboard's manual and all the options in the BIOS, but there's nothing there. Does anyone have any suggestion for finding this setting in Windows 7?

Alternatively, does anyone have other suggestions for turning off my USB ports when my PC shuts down?

Alternatively, does anyone have other suggestions for turning off my USB ports when my PC shuts down?

Apart from a kill switch, I don't think there is one. It's a motherboard feature.

Back