What's new

mattsoft

Professional
Reaction score
This is a worthy cause, IMHO. If you can create a prototype, and if SNK approves production of it, maybe some of us could actually get a (repo) Neo-19. The Mini SNK Neo just doesn't cut it. :) So yeah, I'd be up for donating a few clams to the prototype cause. Keep us posted about ways to donate. Thanks!!

muffman

Student
Reaction score
Is it possible to make it completely metal to avoid injection molding and the headaches the plastic pieces are creating? Or is that too blasphemous?..

hursit

Enlightened
Reaction score
Is it possible to make it completely metal to avoid injection molding and the headaches the plastic pieces are creating? Or is that too blasphemous?..
then it will be another cabinet
not neo19

mv1f

Student
Reaction score
I’m down to donate to help the prototype get made. I really enjoyed watching the mini cute saga from the sidelines. Really incredible results!

ArcSys101

Grand Master
Reaction score
If crt will be in like a generic Mitsubishi or toshiba or sharp monitors? Hope snk agree to the $350k for license it is really a big money and a lot of hard work for this project

Kavas

Champion
Reaction score
I will donate a small sum to your cause. You make excellent products and have already re-created faithfully another arcade cabinet before.

I understand that:
  • This isn't a kickstarter. Whatever I donate towards the cause may not necessarily come to fruition nor will anything I donate be subtracted from the final product price of the cabinet should it be made available.
  • I won't cry like a little bitch if this cabinet doesn't fit the particular monitor I selfishly think it should fit in 2022 and that it is meant towards a mainstream audience with more readily available / custom LCD monitors as you detailed in your first post.
  • You will try your best to accommodate me and this community for CRT but it may not work out in the end in the final design.
  • This isn't a pre-order thread and I actually read your post.
  • The prototype may vary well be turned down by SNK and all donations will be forfeit.

dennisfxm

Student
Reaction score
Following this thread - once the logistics are in place, I should be able to donate to the prototype cause.

Bad_Hambre

Student
Reaction score
This cabinet is for CRT already. That means, you can put your CRT :)

Great idea, this could give it more intrest for people that just want to go in and game out of the box. And for those like us who want to put in our CRTs can still do so as well. Maybe if SNK liscense this they could provide some sort of all in one device? Or they let you put in a Mister for the ultimate in emulation? Am I getting too carried away? I'd be interested.

You have a proven record with the Cute and your other projects. Anyone that is thinking about getting one if these, dont make the mistake of sitting it out. Show your intrest.

dennisfxm

Student
Reaction score
Great idea, this could give it more intrest for people that just want to go in and game out of the box. And for those like us who want to put in our CRTs can still do so as well. Maybe if SNK liscense this they could provide some sort of all in one device? Or they let you put in a Mister for the ultimate in emulation? Am I getting too carried away? I'd be interested.

You have a proven record with the Cute and your other projects. Anyone that is thinking about getting one if these, dont make the mistake of sitting it out. Show your intrest.
If this is officially licensed, they are not coming prepackaged with a Mister. I don't even think Mister supports things like the rotating marquee or loading 4 virtual carts and having a working select button (I'd be happy to learn that I'm mistaken though).

hursit

Enlightened
Reaction score

thanks my friend
with the licensed products, we cannot use any emulation staff i beleive.
Look at the Arcade1UP. They have been gettin the license and they have 1-3 games inside their cabinets. Games also licensed ;)
Interest is obviously there. What he needs now is a gofundme essentially.
we are still searching about TAX problems. I will open the donation very soon
If this is officially licensed, they are not coming prepackaged with a Mister. I don't even think Mister supports things like the rotating marquee or loading 4 virtual carts and having a working select button (I'd be happy to learn that I'm mistaken though).
yes you are right

StarrGroove

Student
Reaction score
I'm interested in donating. I would suggest using some type of platform so we can see how close we are to the goal. This is exciting and I am wishing you all the best!

kratosnake

Beginner
Reaction score
Your repro Capcom Mini Cute is why I found this forum. I am amazed at how much quality these have. I really hope you guys can pull off this project as it would be epic to get licensed from SNK. I'm not that interested rn in this cab though (although its aesthetics are very appealing), but I'd love to see it happen.