What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
So, new firmware for the Neo SD Loader. So I thought I'd revisit my modified Neo Geo CD front loader. Only to find it won't power on... checked the power supply, it seems fine. Tried to reseat things, but still nothing. I hear a pop from the audio when I press the power button (not a bad pop, just a "contact made" sort of pop) but no video or LED. Not sure where to start, I dont see a fuse anywhere and am not sure where I can test voltages to see where the failure is. Any help is appreciated.

Think I found the issue... the "weird yellow wire" or WYW connecting the front panel to the power supply connects to this little pin soldered through the controller PCB. It seems to be lose, and I'm not getting connectivity from the pin to the pad. Will reflow the solder...

Yup, that looks like it was the problem. Weird setup... it's the +10v wire which goes from the power board to the front board, passing through the front PCB to the back where it connects to one of the pins on the switch. So I was getting +5v to the audio amp, but not +10v to the IO board.

Back