What's new

Elfito69

Student
Reaction score
I'm currently getting an error 22 message 😞, i read the many threads about the issue and tried the buffer and version update already.
I read somewhere that the ic2 dies and screw the other 2 components but it needs a file to be burned on the new one in order to get replaced right?
Anyone have that file that is willing to share?

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_102725.jpg
    IMG_20211202_102725.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 64
Don't mind me ... lol (see MetalliCs post below)

Last edited:
I'm currently getting an error 22 message 😞, i read the many threads about the issue and tried the buffer and version update already.
I read somewhere that the ic2 dies and screw the other 2 components but it needs a file to be burned on the new one in order to get replaced right?
Anyone have that file that is willing to share?
you may find it in MAME romset, segadimm.zip/93c46.bin
you may also 1st dump your's EPROM and post it here, so we'll check if it really "bad/dead" and how

here is the dumped file
it looks good.

also, ignore my prev message, I confused it with IC6S EEPROM at main DIMM board, while you're talking about upper board IC2, which contain MAC address.
in either case, neither of these 2 EEPROMs contents may lead to ERROR22.

@MetalliC guess you are right, replaced the ic and the buffer on the bottom, also updated the bios to 4.02 but it's still on error 22.

I'm as lost as the beginning, i contacted the sega guru but for the price of the repair and little more i could find a working one😞

Back