What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
As you can see on these pics, that cylindric part (I don't know how to call it) is quite damaged. Someone clumsy barbarian re-wired it without opening the whole proper before operating. So I'm looking for one in good condition. Pls let me know if you have one intact, without any solder burns.

Also, since the parts relative to the fixation of the whole holder are missing I cannot mount it inside the cab. If some of you does have them, I'd be interested.
I'm also looking for the part shown on the 3rd pic since one of mine has its nose broken. Thanks!

p.s. can you identify the flat head screw shown on the 2nd pic? This screw does not have any cross engraved on its head so I had to unscrew it with a plier. Its threads are kind of diagonal. An uncommon screw that I've never seen before...

Attachments

• DSCN9117.JPG
    DSCN9117.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN9136.JPG
    DSCN9136.JPG
    849.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN9128.JPG
    DSCN9128.JPG
    812.3 KB · Views: 86
It’s called a fluro tube holder.

If you’re not concerned with authentic parts, you should be able to find a suitable sized replacement assembly/ballast for an Astro City at the hardware store. Or just even replace it with an LED.

''Fluro tube holder'', sounds good, thanks!
Hardware store? On this forum? I do not care if it's an Astro since I guess they should be the same. If it's Sega, or any japanese it should be fine.
Btw, I want to replace it with a LED, but I'm not sure yet at which place should I hook it up on the PSU.

Hardware store, like in Australia we have Bunnings. In USA they have Home Depot?

There are replacement LED fluro tubes out there. But I also seen some assembed units that just plug into the wall, same size as a fluro tube. That might be the best option. Maybe you can power it with the PSU internally if there’s a socket inside your Astro and it’s the same voltage.

I see, Ive missunderstood you. You are talking about a physical hardware store, but nothing to do with Astro parts. I need the same fluro tube holder as the Astro/New Astro (maybe Blast or any other Sega cab should be fine).
I changed my neon to a LED on another cab last year and I did it like this (pls see shema) but I had another type of PSU. Now with the PSU of the NAC, I don't know where to hook these wires. Maybe the CN1 ? Maybe OTL & OTN does mean ACL & ACN to, but I don't know why they called it like that...

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN9047bis.jpg
    DSCN9047bis.jpg
    735.9 KB · Views: 90
isn't the ACL/ACN the incoming 100V and the OTL/OTN are the ones that go to the monitor and FL tube?

Maybe yes, but we have to be sure. From which region of Swiss are you from?

nnap : me Lausanne
Btw, do somebody make reproduction of that kind of part? I see there is a bunch of guy nowadays doing plastic/resintype 3D repros. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN9128.JPG
    DSCN9128.JPG
    812.3 KB · Views: 74
Back