What's new
simple, passive, low-tech solution I would probably do is an 8 position selector switch to dip switches replacement.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/29...sbY2_-vvrOzkWQxxkuNuusBry2rbjE0xoCBIsQAvD_BwE

You could put this on it's own pcb with an extension cable, or just replace the dip switches pcb by putting on the same connector for the wire harness.

Some people like changing dip switches. I do not. i find it cumbersome.

I'm always running late to the party! This read just got me totally amped for this on my CPS3 multi! Please do add me to the list. Dark Soft always for the ultimate win!

Thanks @HighScoreSaves - I am however a bit confused on how I get the cartridge reflashed? It sounds like I have to send that off somewhere to do?

Matt

Thanks @HighScoreSaves - I am however a bit confused on how I get the cartridge reflashed? It sounds like I have to send that off somewhere to do?

Matt
Yes, the cartridge needs a new BIOS that I will post soon. It only works with Standard SH2 cartridges, so you'll need to reflash your cart, if you already have one with standard SH2, get a reproduction or change the SH2 in your existing cart. The same usual thing that you needed to do in the past for SH2.

I'm sad the SIMMs are all that is available for preorder.
Most people will need a new cart, and I assumed a complete kit (ie repo cart+SIMMs) would at least be an option.

Will these SIMMS be one of those "get these now as you will never have an opportunity to buy these ever again", or will there be time to sit and think? There's a LOT involved in this and not just a simple "plug this in and you're good to go" type thing. I don't want to miss out on this, but also am wanting to wait until a full package with cart and everything else is available. My days of being able to program odd chips are over as I just got tired of having to buy a brand new programmer for every little thing I own. Haha. :)

I expect them to be more, but depends on people's interest, I guess.

I bought my Wellon VP-496 long ago and I'm super happy with that. For the newer bigger flashes, the TL86_PLUS aka Proman, does the job for me.

Yes, the cartridge needs a new BIOS that I will post soon. It only works with Standard SH2 cartridges, so you'll need to reflash your cart, if you already have one with standard SH2, get a reproduction or change the SH2 in your existing cart. The same usual thing that you needed to do in the past for SH2.

I have your superBIOS cartridge - I will take it apart to see what it looks like - I bought it from a AP member, so didn't do any flashing myself - it was basically ready when I got it.

Matt

The adapters with the kit only work with the ProMan/TL86_Plus.

Back