What's new
Thx very much. I am confused. Run or not with original custom sh flashed with ultrabios? Or is it better to change to standard sh?

Thx very much. I am confused. Run or not with original custom sh flashed with ultrabios? Or is it better to change to standard sh? What s the other option to burn simm espacially in case of ultrabios without cd? Sd2scsi? How to?

@nonosto — Both questions have been answered on the forum, in this thread, and also in the setup guide.

Both custom or standard SH2 are fine. You need the standard to play mods though.

At the moment, you need to program using the ProMan programmer, that might change in the future though.

@djsheep in the guide you mention that you have to unplug and re-plug in the usb cable to the ProMan for each simm. Did you try just using the Detect function instead? I will if you didn't; I just don't want to go through all of the simms only to find out it doesn't work for some reason!

Last edited:
I tried using the detect button but it wasn’t working for me after unplugging the connector cable and SIMM. I am running Windows 7 VM on a Mac, and that can sometimes prohibit functions. Let me know how you go??

Last edited:
@djsheep ok the chip didn't detect correctly so I'm also using unplug/replug the usb. Win10.

Last edited:
Good to know it’s not just me, it’s a pity there isn’t a on/off switch on the programmer either.

@Darksoft I'm having issues programming my Dual Flash, it seems. I'm using the 512 adapter, but one note in the logs shows "*Total memory size: 32 Kbytes" which seems very wrong. Using the dip to select U9 I do seem to get a valid write and validation though. It also seems to take long-enough, compared to how long it takes to write a 1gb simm. When I switch to U10, though, it erases and tries to program, but fails after just a few seconds. When I set it manually to Type B 29 Series and 32 or 256 for size (not sure if it's bits or bytes on the software), it fails as well. I've tried the typical rebooting, re-seating everything, etc. Between writing U9 and U10 I'm unplugging the programmer, then flipping the dip. I can't think of anything else to try.

I think since both chips are failing, it's likely an issue with my 512 adapter board. Any ideas what to start looking based on that info?

Logs in the spoiler:

Code:
U9 DIP

<Programming data>:
Programming to address 0x0.
ID: 0x89227e_0x22222201_0x8000_0x1060102
Manufacturer: Micron
Part number: <JS/RC/PC>28F256M29EW<H/L>
*Total memory size: 32 Kbytes
*Range 0x0 - 0x7fff
*Chip erase: supported
*Maximum erase time: 262 second(s)
*Type: 29 series
*Sec Sector: no
Programming finished successfully. Total 33554432(0x2000000) bytes.

<Verify>:
*Range 0x0 - 0x7fff
Reading data from 0x0 to 0x1ffffff.
Verify successfully. Total 33554432(0x2000000) bytes.

U10 DIP

<Erase chip>:
*Range 0x0 - 0x7fff
Chip erase finishes successfully.

<Programming data>:
Programming to address 0x0.
*Range 0x0 - 0x7fff
RetCode: 0xf3f3@0x60000
ERROR: write failed.
Please confirm data were being written into empty pages.No auto-verify when programming failed.
Smart-Key operation finished successfully.

Silly question, is the cable connected firmly?

Silly question, is the cable connected firmly?
I tried it both directions but I’ll give it another shot. Did you get a chip size error with a loose cable?
edit: tried reconnecting the cable a few more times, no change. Chip size seems suspect. U9 programs, U10 fails.

The 1gb board and all 4 large simms worked fine with it

quick update. I upgraded the firmware on the ProMan to HS062_Beta_C.enc and it recognizes the right chip size now. Programming seems good. I'll check it all when my bios is all done. Thanks @Darksoft for the advice

Upgrading the ProMan was a little weird... the instructions said to short two pins on an adapter, and that the device would flash yellow 4 times. Well I shorted the pins but it still blinked green. I said fuckit and just tried the upgrade anyway, and it seemed to work ok. Yay for cheap programmers.

Last edited:
Good news. I never shorted any pins on any ProMan to upgrade the firmware.

Last edited:
it's seems bios avalable on the first page is standard sh2 only? Where can I down no CD bios for custom?

Sorry if I missed it but do we have instructions on how to update the cart bios?

Sorry if I missed it but do we have instructions on how to update the cart bios?
1. Desolder the chip from the PCB
2. reflash the chip in your PROMAN II or similar device
3. re-solder the chip to the PCB.

not recommend unless you have experience with fine-pitch SMD soldering and are confident in your abilities.

For anyone with one of these PROMAN programmers, is there an authoritative location to download the latest software and/or firmware for these? I didn't get any software with mine and all the links I can find are either dead or filesharing sites which looks a bit dodgy.

Back