What's new
I just wrote the new version also. It's fun to have the recolored backgrounds in 3rd Strike as an option. I'll have to try Red Earth tomorrow, I got carried away playing the new stages on 3rd Strike.

Update: played through to the end of Red Earth as well without an issue as expected. Originally I did experience the stuttering as did many with the earlier release.

Last edited:
I just tried the latest Rollup Pack on my board. A few observations:

1) No hangs or jitters with Warzard / Red Earth. I didn't experience that before either since my board has the SCSI controller chip removed, but it's good to know that the new fix didn't introduce trouble for me.
2) It's unfortunate that the Makoto Fix and re:Third are mutually exclusive now. You have to pick one of them to use for SIMM 5.
3) JoJo's Venture and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are listed backwards in the manual's DIP switch chart. They were with the initial rollup pack as well FWIW.
4) The manual and download link on the first thread post should be updated to reflect the new rollup pack IMHO.

Overall, great work with this updated rollup! The re:Third backgrounds are a welcome addition and definitely enhance my enjoyment of the CPS3 UltraSIMMs.

Just saw there was a new Roll Up Pack for the CPS-3 UltraSIMMs at: https://archive.org/details/multipacks

Includes two new files for SIMM #5:

The proper version of the Makoto Fix for SF3:3S — no longer green title screen [SIMM5_Final_MakotoFIX.bin].

And alternatively, the re:THIRD version of 3S with some impressive visual tweaks [SIMM5_Final_reTHIRD.bin].

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejjMJZbGRkY

Tested both on my multi today, can highly recommend the re:THIRD version of 3S!
Funny, one of our Club members did this pack :D
Is there any price tag yet for a complete simm pack? sry guys did not follow the thread for a long time :D

What club is it @kingcar — the SIMM are available on highscoresaves.com or saveyourgames.it already :) check it out.

Bascily a gaming Locaction that I run since around 8 years.
Pumped all of my arcade collection in, cabs, games etc.
before the pandemic we used to have a weekly meeting and play various games.
www.insertgame.de | youtube.de/insertgame

you can check out some of our vids. :D

@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES -- In my opinon, yes. But there are people out there who do not like the "fixed" or "modified" backgrounds used. So they will prefer the original colours.

In my opinon, having the re:THIRD version on the multi just adds diversity to the game list as you will have 4th Strike, 3rd Strike as well as re:THIRD.

@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES -- In my opinon, yes. But there are people out there who do not like the "fixed" or "modified" backgrounds used. So they will prefer the original colours.

In my opinon, having the re:THIRD version on the multi just adds diversity to the game list as you will have 4th Strike, 3rd Strike as well as re:THIRD.
thank you for the info, I will use re:THIRD

Doesn't re:Third replace 4rd Strike? Maybe it should be made to replace Makoto fix instead?

Finally got a chance to test out the updates, including Warzard NOCD fix. Brilliant! Thank you!

Attachments

• BA3F36F5-4476-4EEE-8DF5-CC1BB01DA4B8.jpeg
    BA3F36F5-4476-4EEE-8DF5-CC1BB01DA4B8.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 126
Hi, I made the re:THIRD palmod set for Street Fighter III 3rd Strike / 4th Strike and found out today that it comes as an option in the CPS-III Roll-Up Pack.
Thanks for this, that's super cool!!

I'm currently working on / am about to release an update for it, and was told to come here to find the person/people making the Roll-Up Packs, since I'd like to give them the update early (in case it takes me longer to release it than I thought), or at least inform about an update getting released.
It includes Remy's and Twelve's stage along updates for Alex's, Chun-Li's, Elena's, Yang's and Yun's stages, alongside 3 optional HUDs as an alternative.

I also released re:FOURTH as basically the same pack but for 4rd Strike (the one that's playable on Fightcade 2). Is there demand / incentive for the update to come out for that as well?
If so, I can try adding that as well.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I just didn't see the mod being named in any other threads.

I don't own the Ultra Simms, is there a way to get re:third on the "standart" Multi CPS3 setup?
When I donwload the rom rollup pack it's full of ".u2" files
How can I get on my SD card? :D

Sry didn't have to mess with my setup in YEARS because there simply was no reason and forgot everything :D

I received my programmed ultrasimms today. Thank you @ShootTheCore for quick troubleshooting. I ran through all the games. All are working! I've the metal case on order. Now to track down a cart shell and a fancy sticker!

Attachments

• 20210503_113325[1].jpg
    20210503_113325[1].jpg
    257 KB · Views: 126
  • 20210503_122637[1].jpg
    20210503_122637[1].jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I don't own the Ultra Simms, is there a way to get re:third on the "standart" Multi CPS3 setup?
When I donwload the rom rollup pack it's full of ".u2" files
How can I get on my SD card? :D

Sry didn't have to mess with my setup in YEARS because there simply was no reason and forgot everything :D
Iso currently has 5 selections, ORIGIN, PS2_DC, RIIMIX, STAGES, WILDBE .. ORIGIN is original everything, PS2_DC are ps2 DC exclusive color pack from the console versions with minor tweaks to HUD, RIIMIX is Riiya's personal custom mix, STAGES are all original palettes but has only re:Third added, WILDBE is my custom mix "wildberry" really wild colors.

https://twitter.com/herbderken/status/1385753816059060228?s=19

This looks awesome. Kicking myself for not picking up a CPS3 before the prices went nuts.

Back