What's new
I need help with this please.
Trying to update a first revision ST-V multicart.
I'm trying to flash it using the STM32F4DISCOVERY hardware, but i always get error.
I use the same pinout found in the CPS2 multi instructions, but i always get connection error.
STV PIN 1 --> SWD PIN 4
STV PIN 2 --> SWD PIN 1
STV PIN 3 --> SWD PIN 2
STV PIN 8 --> SWD PIN3
STV RESET --> SWD PIN 5

A6trkOch.jpg

OcqFvUOh.jpg

2Vdwvxsh.jpg

5g7tUnhh.jpg

Of course i power the stv cart with 5v, then i attach the STM32 via usb to my laptop, the STM32 starts to blink but if i try to connect always get error.
Any hints please.

Does anyone offer a service to update the Darksoft st-v multis?

Unless You have a STV from early in the 1st batch, this can be done simple copying a file in the microSD. If you have one if the earliest ones, contact @Mitsurugi-w He should be able to upgrade it for a small fee.

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, all my multis will have autoboot from now on, so I made a new version of the firmware for this cartridge.

It includes much more improved compatibility with microSD cardsand....AUTOUPDATE! also called BOOTLOADER, which will allow you to upgrade the firmware just copying a file in the microSD and without needing any device anymore.

This is the explanation of the new firmware.

-What you need to do is
A) program the cartridge with sd_bootloader.hex/bin using the Discovery programmer of your choice. This will enable the possibility of uploading in upper positions of memory via microSD
B) right after you program the Multi with your Discovery and the file sd_bootloader.hex/bin the cartridge the cartridge will not work yet, you have to insert it in the STV Motherboard with a microSD that has the file flash.img in it.
C) After powering it up, notice that the LED called PROG will blink very quick during the process, later should blink slowly twice, which means that programming was successful, if the LED blinks 5 times instead of 2, it means that there was an error during programming and data in the ARM microprocessor don't match data from flash.img. You probably are using a wrong flash.img. Try again.

-In short, you only need the programmer for the file sd_bootloader.bin/hex ONCE. If there are any updates in the future, you just copy a new flash.img on the microSD and it will automatically update when you power up.
-Note: Don't use the file flash.img with discovery. That will result in black screen and you would have to program the sd_bootloader.

HERE ARE THE FILES THAT YOU NEED TO USE WITH THE DISCOVERY AND THE FLASH.IMG
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e56qgvt7j77o7f5/STV_Ultimo_Firmware_con_Autoreset_yAutoboot.rar
(COPY PASTE THIS LINK)

Here instructions in PDF in case something is not clear:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/qhcfw2aaarpvabr/STV_How_to_Update_Firmware_Text.pdf

Hi - I just bought the STV Multi dark knight edition. I attached the LED screen with the SD card and games and the LED was showing game titles. After that I installed the firmware in this link and the LED is now blank. I suspect the firmware is old and is not working with the new board... where do I find the correct file?

This firmware is for the original ST-V multi. Not the Dark Knight Edition. Will have to wait for @Darksoft to chime in.

Rule of thumb is that multis come with the latest firmware and not to update unless specifically required!

Hi - I just bought the STV Multi dark knight edition. I attached the LED screen with the SD card and games and the LED was showing game titles. After that I installed the firmware in this link and the LED is now blank. I suspect the firmware is old and is not working with the new board... where do I find the correct file?
Ouch. There is no new update and the STV Multi comes with the latest one.

As @djsheep stated, the firmware in this thread is for the old version which is completely different and you may be using some jnput pins as outputs and the other way around. In other words, you need to inmediately revert the firmware in your multi and hope that everything is OK.

PM me and I'll send you the right flash.img

Back