What's new

Arthrimus

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a new prototype in and have been testing it over the past couple of days. The new -5v circuit is performing well so far, but I wanted to get some opinions about adjustability. The current version of the -5v circuit is fixed voltage. What I'd like to know is if there is a particular need to have the -5v rail be adjustable. The current circuit is based on the TI TPS5430 which can be made adjustable by adding a trimmer potentiometer to the voltage feedback circuit, but if it's not needed then I'd rather keep it fixed because that will simplify manufacturing. This -5v circuit can provide up to 3A of current.
IMG_20210308_141538__01__01.jpg

aoiddr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a new prototype in and have been testing it over the past couple of days. The new -5v circuit is performing well so far, but I wanted to get some opinions about adjustability. The current version of the -5v circuit is fixed voltage. What I'd like to know is if there is a particular need to have the -5v rail be adjustable. The current circuit is based on the TI TPS5430 which can be made adjustable by adding a trimmer potentiometer to the voltage feedback circuit, but if it's not needed then I'd rather keep it fixed because that will simplify manufacturing. This -5v circuit can provide up to 3A of current.

Were you able to get an answer on this to decide? Perhaps Darksoft or Apocalypse might be able to help answer?

At any rate, looking forward to this!

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
it's exceedingly rare that an Arcade PSU will have adjustable -5V

Precise voltages are really only necessary for digital circuits likes CPUs, ROMs and Logic Ics, 12V and -5V are generally only used for things like audio amplification and cooling fans where widely out-of-spec voltages are ok and wont cause any harm.

Reactions: nem

jassin000

Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Looks great, everything but that damn Genesis 2 SCART cable requirement. :rolleyes:
#nocomponetsinsidecables

Lets take a VOTE!

Last edited: