What's new
Want To Buy

Bigblue709

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help me restore my cab!

I am looking for a SSF2 Tournament Battle A+B board set to replace the ones that a previous owner removed from my original big blue tournament battle cabinet.

This won’t be converted or turned into a multi. You will be helping restore a Tournament Battle cabinet to its original condition.

Pic of the original A+B, long since sold on eBay, attached, along with a pic of my cab — sporting a 28” widescreen and a TTX4 until I track down the original hardware and a CRT.

If you’re selling one, please get in touch. Thanks!

14FF87D5-2447-426A-B6CA-7F8AEABF88A8.jpeg

9CDDC2E0-7A81-4E98-AD9B-189249EE3168.jpeg

No, I’m actually looking for Tournament Battle! The pic of the board sticker is blurry but that’s what it originally was. Mine was 1 of 4 linked cabinets at the local mall. I know I’d need 3 others to play a tournament — that’s not what this is about, it’s about restoring the cab :)

I occasionally see one on eBay for almost $3k usd, but I’ve also seen some go on forums for $3-400usd in the past few years.

BC588DCE-70BF-4782-9267-BC53CB85F8B0.jpeg

Ah ok, but you could make the argument that since the cab has normal TNC art (was there even TB US art?) then a real restoration would bring it back to TNC.

You probably don't want to but I think the best service you could do for that cab would be to put a CPS2 multi in it. You'll have TB when you want it and the neat party trick of 43 other games to play on real hardware, just in case

Granted I haven't updated my MAME version in a while bout I don't see a USA set for TB

TB.PNG

Did they just put the world boards in blue cases?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the US version was added in 0.203 and I have 0.199. That must be one rare board to be added so late

Yeah, I read that the US version hadn’t been dumped until recently. I don’t think they actually made a unique marquee for this version — even the advertisements showed it in standard cabinets:

2C2482F8-DCBF-4E1D-9174-E5855CF3668E.jpeg

TBH, I am not ultra picky and I do realize that this specific board is way less common, so a regular USA TNC set would probably be fine too :)

If you want just one pcb ,it won’t play as tournament battle
You need 4 pcb’s linked to play as tournament battle

If you only get one pcb you will play as new challengers only

Back