What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
So, while fiddling around with mounting a LCD in my cabinet for a bit while I work on my CRT, I noted that I was getting no sound from my CPS1. After pulling the board (which has a Chinese 32 in 1 B+C board) I found that most games ran without sound, while a few had a single repeating audio clip (a single sound effect used for all in game sounds). This sounds like a memory issue, and looking at my A board it's a bit of a mess. Lots of obvious repairs over the years. Before I go too deep into diagnostics, or even sourcing a replacement A board I thought I'd ask the group if anyone has an idea where I should start?

So... found a Street Fighter 2 (original) A+B+C board for the right price. Ordered it. I figure I can move the multi board over to the new A board and then use the SF2 B+C to diagnose and fix my current A board. If the issue follows the multiboard, I'll at least know it's that and not the A board (although I really think it's the A board. They are notorious for issues and this one is kind of beaten up).

... now I guess the question is if there's anything needed on the A board other than the reset pin to get the 32 in 1 board running.

... now I guess the question is if there's anything needed on the A board other than the reset pin to get the 32 in 1 board running.
I realize the question is old, but no, I don't believe there is.

I changed my A board due to broken DIP switch. Only had to do the reset wire to get it working.

Back