What's new

ItsBobDudes

Professional
Reaction score
I put together some mounts for the BIG PSU for Astro/NAC cabs. There are 2 versions of the rear mount because I believe the NVS-4000-01 comes mounted to a shorter board. The rear wedges into the bracket that the standard PSU wedges into.

Special thanks to @300wins who shipped me some parts to complete my PSU so I had a reason to spin this up.

Secure all your PSUs down.

Attachments

• IMG-3653.jpg
    IMG-3653.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG-3654.jpg
    IMG-3654.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 438
  • NVS finals.zip
    182.6 KB · Views: 135
I've been biting my tongue, but I can't help myself anymore with the 40% infill comment. Sorry. This thing is super OTT. With an infill of 40%, the whole thing weighs like 800-900g. That's a crap ton of plastic!

If you put big vertical holes in all of the three block shapes, you could easily get the print down to half of the mass. You wouldn't really be compromising structural integrity either. Like it would still support the weight of you standing on it if you wanted to.

FAKE EDIT: quick mock-up of what I had in mind

holes_in_blocks.jpg

Try these out. I wanted to keep the overhangs that keep the wood for the PSU in place in case people are moving their cabs around. I added the reliefs horizontally for easy of printing. I typically print in this orientation.
NVS4000.JPG

Attachments

• NVS4000 Mount skeletonized.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for making this @ItsBobDudes. I actually ended up printing the original model rather than the hollowed out one. At 5% infill, it's plenty strong and 4 hours faster than the hollow version since the hollow one has so much more wall surface area to print.

Thanks for making this @ItsBobDudes. I actually ended up printing the original model rather than the hollowed out one. At 5% infill, it's plenty strong and 4 hours faster than the hollow version since the hollow one has so much more wall surface area to print.
What printer model have you used ? And how much time it takes to be printed ? Also how much material was used to be printed? Thank you !

Ps : im asking this because i talked with a friend and he told me it shows more than 24 hours to print this … at least is what he told me ! Maybe he didnt wanted to print this for me and told me it takes more than 1 day

I use an Ender 3 pro. Each set uses about 450 grams. Your friend is about right. It takes about 24 hours for me to print a set. I am sure that can be cut down a bit with more optimization. I am by no means a printer/slicer expert.

I use a Prusa MK3S+. I sliced it with PrusaSlicer. Draft quality 0.30mm, support enforcers only, 5% infill.

Front piece is 6h15m, 160g. Short rear is 4h20m, 101g. I generally never print things together so I'm not sure if combining them would be more or less efficient.

Back